• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealers combing their dusty databases to try to move 2018 cars

.so to sum up this thread........new nsx=atheist....:confused:

While I cannot speak for others, for me there was just something about it that didn’t make me tell myself I must have this car. The exhaust was a bit dull and the interior didn’t beg me to come back either. Although it was very comfy inside, I wasn’t wowed. For me personally, I think seats in an M4 are leaps and bounds better than the Nsx for half the price. It’s a fast car and handles very well and is also easy for anyone to jump in it and drive it close to what a good driver could drive it. When I drove my first gen 1, it was almost impossible not to write the seller a check.:biggrin: I think Honda just needs to make a few changes here and there and the car would be well sorted to more buyers.

I think they pretty much nailed what they wanted to achieve in the everyday supercar market. The problem though is that 200,000 dollar cars are not everyday cars for a DD to begin with. The gen 2 is worlds better than the gen 1 but it doesn’t seem to have the nostalgia

another excellent point. when the first NSX came out it was the only hassle free, easy daily driver of the Supercar club. now any of them could be driven by your grandma in "grandma mode". just put it in auto and off you go. and they're all very reliable (sans the McLaren's, which are reasonably reliable). the NSX is a far too understated, underwhelming and sensible Supercar. as i said a long time ago, that's not why people buy Supercars. maybe 7 people want to buy sensible Supercars?

Supercars should be exciting to see, sit in, and fire up. these cars should be outlandish to look at, and sound ridiculous at idle. and have huge performance numbers, not merely decent ones. the NSX just doesn't conjure up that type of exhilaration the way some of the other entrants in the field do. and it shows in abysmal sales while the other companies are moving vehicles out the door...

i have driven Lots of Italian cars, and, in this day and age compromises are not something I would put-up with, be it, Driving position, ergonomics, Proper Engineering maintenance and reliability.

Some Italian cars do look great, but it the Sounds, that others can't seem to master like the Italian .....

Bram

doesn't sound like you've driven one in a while? the 458, 488, Huracan, etc., have no compromises. the seats are comfortable, headroom is plenty, ingress/egress is easy, visibility is good, the air conditioning is glacier like freezing. some have more features than the NSX. and they don't break down, or even require that much service anymore.

the NSX doesn't hold any advantage in the department as the first one did in the early 90's. those were very different days, and the current state of reliable and easy to drive Supercars is the way it is because of the first NSX...

Second gen NSX is a Joke, reason they are not selling, because they are over priced. Here in Toronto Canada, they dealers are giving you 65's Canadian off the price of the car as soon as you walk in, and still the car sits.
At the end of the day no one in there right mind would drop 200k for an Acura. At that level people start to think about the badge value. Anywhere you go you will have to explain to people about the NSX. No explaining has to be given when you have the V-10 R8, or the Ferrari 458 Italia, or a Porsche GT3.
Also Honda miss the mark completely with the new Nsx. The car should of been rwd, without the hybrid tech, made in Japan, and only 100k US MAX.
I wouldnt drop 200 either. 160-170 perhaps.

Honda did exactly what they wanted. Its everything that embodies "NSX." Its eXperimental. Is it true to the original? No. That's not the point. It wasn't supposed to be. the days of 9k screamers is over.

honda once again was too early to the hybrid party (see the Insight, which was smoked by the prius). yes, the supercar trinity were first, but at $1M+ each, those dont really count. Lamborghini announced their next gen of cars will be NA + hybrid and McL will be all hybrids by 2025.

At this point just offer a 3-5k down 999$ mo lease program....problems solved:biggrin:

First of all, Honda needs to build a winning engine in f-1, then you build a super car. Then Honda management needs to wake up and build cars the public actually wants. I see the NSX program being killed off soon. Sales are just sad.
A sales guy once told me, that if you discount anything low enough eventually someone will buy it. Guess what, 65g discount and still no one is buying it. That says a lot about the new NSX.

One more thing, the first gen NSX wasn't a super car, its main competition was a Ferrari 348, Porsche 911. Not Ferrari F-40, or Porsche 959.

Back in the early 90's we didn't use the lexicon of super/hypercar........you were either an exotic or super/ultra exotic....you can retrospeculate all you young-ins want:wink:

A Ferrari 348 was never even considered a super car, or in the same category as an F-40 or 959.

the 348 was at the bottom, the F40 at the top, the Testarossa somewhere in the middle. but they were all considered Supercars. there was only one category back then...

the 348 was at the bottom, the F40 at the top, the Testarossa somewhere in the middle. but they were all considered Supercars. there was only one category back then...
The term super car has been around forever. You can't even put the F-40 and the 348 in the same category, even back in the day.

negative, they were all considered Supercars. they were rare, low production, extremely high performing vehicles built from exotic materials which the average person had no chance in hell of ever affording. all of them were hanging on the walls of every teenage boy in the modern world. the 911 was considered a Supercar just like the 959 was. one was obviously a higher performer than the other. regardless, there was only one category back then for all of those machines. full stop...

Mclaren just keeps turning up the heat. Sorry, but if you have 200k or more burning a hole in your pocket, they have an answer for that...
https://youtu.be/CTda69UUA7g

Notice how this turbo car does not sound like a John Deere...

negative, they were all considered Supercars. they were rare, low production, extremely high performing vehicles built from exotic materials which the average person had no chance in hell of ever affording. all of them were hanging on the walls of every teenage boy in the modern world. the 911 was considered a Supercar just like the 959 was. one was obviously a higher performer than the other. regardless, there was only one category back then for all of those machines. full stop...
Ah, no. Porsche 1990 911 msrp was 65g's, no exotic materials at all, and production numbers were a lot.
1989-1995 Ferrari 348 tbs msrp 70g's, no exotic materials 8500 cars produced.
1989-1996 na1 Acura nsx msrp 60g's some exotic materials, and 6800 cars produced. Out of the 3 of those the nsx was the best car.
Porsche 959 super car msrp 225g's maybe 350 cars made, lots of tech and different materials.
Ferrari F-40 400g's, 1000 cars made, kevlar and carbon fibre use in 1987.

hey I'm here to solve the only complaint about the new car.....Boom fixed....:tongue:

Hello, drive thru... One 600LT please. No drink, I have no cup holders. �� Come on guys, the new nsx nobody is talking about. Very good though for people who own them, They’ll be super rare! @DocL don’t scratch it... :wink:

Last edited:
I remember the $750 a month lease on the 2000 & 2001 NSX...! Great days...

....and I'm still kicking myself for missing those days. *kick-kick-kick*

another excellent point. when the first NSX came out it was the only hassle free, easy daily driver of the Supercar club. now any of them could be driven by your grandma in "grandma mode". just put it in auto and off you go. and they're all very reliable (sans the McLaren's, which are reasonably reliable). the NSX is a far too understated, underwhelming and sensible Supercar. as i said a long time ago, that's not why people buy Supercars. maybe 7 people want to buy sensible Supercars?

Supercars should be exciting to see, sit in, and fire up. these cars should be outlandish to look at, and sound ridiculous at idle. and have huge performance numbers, not merely decent ones. the NSX just doesn't conjure up that type of exhilaration the way some of the other entrants in the field do. and it shows in abysmal sales while the other companies are moving vehicles out the door...

doesn't sound like you've driven one in a while? the 458, 488, Huracan, etc., have no compromises. the seats are comfortable, headroom is plenty, ingress/egress is easy, visibility is good, the air conditioning is glacier like freezing. some have more features than the NSX. and they don't break down, or even require that much service anymore.

the NSX doesn't hold any advantage in the department as the first one did in the early 90's. those were very different days, and the current state of reliable and easy to drive Supercars is the way it is because of the first NSX...

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously, I visit here after a few days to catch up, and there's one guy on here who spends a lot of time bashing the subject of this forum. And then endlessly arguing what defined a super car back in the '90s. And so on and so on. I'm all for honest criticism, but holy crap. WE GET IT. YOU DON'T LIKE THE NEW NSX. IT'S NOT THE OLD NSX. POINT MADE, MOVE ON.

i do like the NSX (of which i've said dozens of times), but i'm not going to make excuses for it, or proclaim it's better than it is. nor am i comparing it to the old NSX (you have me mistaken with other posters), i'm comparing it to its current competition. today, right now, in this actual world where it sells, or doesn't sell.

sorry you guys get your feelings hurt and your panties bunched up when anything negative is said about the car. you can always check into your escape rooms and avoid any discussion of sales numbers and public perception, a.k.a. reality... :rolleyes:

Back