• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dean and Delucas in Kansas City Friday Nights

Hello all,

It was great seeing the NSX Guys come out last Friday to Dean and Delucas! Thanks Randy for spreading the word. We will be meeting at Dean & Delucas every Friday night at 7pm. This is in the Town Center area off of 119th and Roe. Come out with your car and join us for for a bite to eat. It is a nice quiet place with outdoor seating next to the cars. This is not a club sponsored event, all types of high end cars are welcome.

I have gotten confirmation that CarTunz will be taping this coming Friday. This is a local Time Warner Cable TV show. It is a car / hot rod / motocycle show.

I am also a member of the local Ferrari Club. Chris said that he will make a best effort to be there. He is bringing his F40. Some of the other Ferrari guys are planning on attending also.

Joe and Rob will be there in their Lotus Esprits. Phil may come in from Lawrence with his.

The Viper guys will be there by default.

Tony is the distributor for Zaino wax. So when you send your check to NJ, Tony actually ships the product from Lenexa. He will be there in his Yellow Corvette.

We are trying to get Ryck to bring out his 03 Bentley Arnage, not sure if he will be in town.

This Friday should be a strong turnout. I would love to see the NSX guys with a strong turnout.

Jerry Dobson
VP KC Viper Club

P0002276.JPG

Jerry- Thanks for the invite and I look forward to making a trip over that way sometime. We have put together two drives over the last few months, one was yesterday in which 7 of us ventured on some of the finer back road of rural Jackson and Cass counties. We talked about doing a drive to Weston in the fall perhaps if we can get some info on fun twisty roads up their ? We will do one more drive b/f winter sets in and extend a welcome to anyone that would be enterested in joining from the Viper club as well. I suspect your folks do the same things...we don't drive crazy or anything like that, but we do have fun.

Nice pic of your GTS, looks like that was taken and Jay Wolfe in Lee's Summit.

Is this show CarTunz gonna air on metro sports ?

Regards Tom

Tom, correct.. that is Jay Wolfe. They had us out for a BBQ.

Is that the name of the channel? It is channel 4 on Time Warner. They are planning on moving the show over to 38. So anyone with rabbit ears can get that channel.

Randy, I do have pics. I will email them to you.

Hope to see you guys there,

Jerry

So.....how'd this go? Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend, anyone from the NSX community participate? Any pictures? Inquiring minds want to know......

It went fine. This week we had two NSX's, mine(red/black/ivory 91) and Mark's yellow 03. Lots of vipers in various yrs. and states of tune, a yellow Lotus w8, a beautiful BMW Z8, a new corvette with body kit and procharger, 308GTS ferrari, RX-7 turbo, and an M3 BMW. Hope I'm not forgetting anybody. A little hot , but a good time was had by all. And the Cartoonz guys showed up and filmed the M3, Z8, Lotus, and 03 NSX. Supposedly the cartoonz guys have a program that broadcasts on Time Warner cable channel 4. Last week we had 4 NSX's. We also had a drive on Sun. 8/10/03 with 6 NSX's and one S2000. Did some backroads twisties and put near 130 miles on the cars. It was a blast. We are planning another drive in Oct. (See other post) Gary.:D

Fri the 8th, we (NSX'ers) had 5 cars to brag on. Fri the 15th there was Zipy and myself.

The floks from CarTunz (sp) were there and my little ole v6 Honda was photoed for the show. I'm not sure when it will air. BTW CarTunz airs saturday mornings at 9:00 on channel 4 TWC.

There were a pair of Vipers, a couple Vettes, an RX7, a Lotus, a Ferrari, and several BMW's. All-in-all a pretty good turn-out.

Last edited:
Hello and greatings to fellow NSX'rs in Kansas City. I have owned my NSX for about 3 years now and have had challenges meeting my compadries. Usually cause we are rubber-necking each other as each drives by and rarely do we see each other in the get togethers. I would like to join in and will watch this site more regularly now that I have found it. I have watched the general discussion and now get pinged when someone reads my string. I live in south OP and so Dean and Delucas is right around the corner from me. I have a 91 Black on Black, totally stock, engine never been opened up with 131K miles. Lots of tires and mutiple clutches over the years. Keep me in the loop and feel free to email me directly with upcoming events at [email protected].

Thanks and take care

TK

Hey guys, looks like the weather should be perfect tomorrow night. The only problem is that is we are loosing sun. It gets dark around 8pm now. This month we will loose over an hour of sunlight…… So not too many 7pm cruises left.

Hope to see you guys there,

Jerry Dobson
98 Viper GTS

I wish I could be there. My NSX in at Superior with a blown/destroyed tire and the replacement won't be available till next Thursday. Awesome cool weather finally and the things is up on the lift with no spare....Oh, I have football practice from 6-8 with my 10 year old son that I participate in...almost forgot that!!!

See you guys at the next one maybe. I will drive by and introduce myself nonetheless if your still there after practice.

TK

Any body going this friday night 9/12? I think I'm going to show if the weather holds out. Did a little custom paint work in the engine compartment and removed the engine cover. Thought I'd get some opinions on the new look. Still need a little more spicing up if I'm going to run around exposed like that. I think it looks nice but that huge ugly coolant tank has to go. Hey Mark, how did your body work come out? Good I hope. You going to show?:D

Gary,

Yes, I intend to show this Fri. Body work came out fine.

Looking forward to seeing your paint mods. You probably need to get a chrome or carbon-fiber coolant tank

Hey Guys,

I am going to try and make it. I just checked Weather.com and it looks like we might get rain....hmm.

Mark, did you seek professional help from not being able to drive your car during the repair? You have got to be the world leader for mileage. I think it's great that you drive your car a lot.

Jerry Dobson

Jerry,

After putting up with a squirl-driven, plastic, noisy, Saturn rental for almost 2 weeks, I felt like I needed an analyst. I was bugging Tony (at the shop) almost every day.

hey, sorry for the reptition for some of you
i've already sent a bunch of people this PM:

I was seeing if any of the kansas city acura nsx's were interested in an *all acura* KC meet -- it was started by the Acura CL's, and right now we're planning on CL's, TL's, RSX's, Integras-- and we want some TSX's, NSX's and everything else there! (its not a sponsored event, its just an unofficial meet, greet and show off your car)

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112955

that page will have the most up to date info

as of now, the date is Sunday, October 12 at noon--
the location is undecided, if you have any ideas for a location , PLEASE post on that thread on the acura-cl.com board!

also, if you have any buddies who drive Acura's (any kind!) invite them along!! Send out the word to all your acura friends that there is an *ALL ACURA* KANSAS CITY MEET!

if you have any questions IM me @ lightningscorcho or e-mail me at [email protected]! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
-cor

It was great meeting everyone last Friday 9/12/03 at Dean and Delucas. I will try to make as many of the Fridays as possible. It was great to see the invis-a-bra on the Viper and that kind of sharing goes a long ways in building the comrade' in the group. Thanks for sharing and see everyone this Friday once again before the bad weather sets in.

Thanks and take care...

Tony Kiley:)

Hello all,

We normally meet at Dean & Delucas every Friday at 7pm. This is in the Town Center area off of Roe and 119th Street.

We are moving the meet to Fenton’s…..right next door. Fenton’s has outdoor seating if the weather is nice. Some of us are getting tired of the limited selection at D&D and want some real food.

Meeting time will now begin at 6:30pm. It is dark out by 7:30 and we need to meet a little earlier. Come now, summer is almost over.

As always, if it rains or looks bad out, many of us don’t show up.

Jerry Dobson
98 Viper GTS

Back