• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dear Santa, toys for my NA2 White NSX ~ :)

Didn't really get any good shots of my NSX at the recent car show but someone grabbed this shot on the drive up there:

this is the 18/19" setup in DSK finish from BBS:

799755456_DFghq-L.jpg

here's a comparison with the 18/18" old setup in gun-metal finish:

fsonic_tommy-2is--172353.jpg

Probably a stupid question but do your front side markers light up, or are they blanked out? I mean painted white? Looks awesome though, I am thinking of doing th 02 Conversion on mine, but first I gotta get the engine pumped up a little,

Wow... if you ever gonna sell this NSX I'd call dibs.....

BBSs are super classic and baller status!!!:cool:

LM's are great. However, kinda dated design since it came out in early 90's? Or late 80's not too sure. Anyways anyone seen any NSX rolling with the newer LM-R Wheels? Those would be kinda cool wouldn't they?

Wow... if you ever gonna sell this NSX I'd call dibs.....

It "might" be up for sale in the market later this year as I'm ready to move to my next toy. :wink: However it won't be cheap...

LM-R's were on the table but somehow I don't think it would look good on the NSX, however you are more than welcome to try. Obtaining a set is a lot harder than you think trust me. I'd love to see :)

IMO a classic car like the NSX is perfectly fitting for a classic wheel like the BBS LM.

rick

Hey Rick, are you still thinking of selling?

If you do send me a line!!!

Shawn

No it's not for sale :wink:

I snapped these shots during a recent NSX event which nicely shows the 18/19" BBS LM rolling stock:

IMG_2835.jpg

Looks great Rick, but a bit to dumped for my tastes. How is it to drive being that low?

Looks great Rick, but a bit to dumped for my tastes. How is it to drive being that low?

It's not as "dumped" as the picture suggests - I'm running 215/40 Toyo tires up front which have that stretched look but it's just the design of the tire.

4x4 looking NSX's just isn't my thing and this is how the NSX stance should be. Probably not ideal for racetrack use but this car will NEVER see the track anyways. Plus that picture was on an incline.

I'm a careful driver and have yet to scrape anything but it does take some skill to manuever around certain obstacles hence no one drives this car but me. :wink:

Wow! I just saw your car at the NSX Spring Fling in Sacramento. You car was my favorite one. Great job.

thanks man! nice meeting you too! :redface:

I ended up taking 3rd Best NSX among People's choice awards which I was very flattered and honored in taking so thanks to those who voted for me! I was in some very very tough company as both 2nd and 1st place belonged to some very highly modified supercharged NSX's in the bay area :cool:

Fun day of events, this is one of the best things about being in an area where there are so many NSX owners. I don't think you can squeeze 40 cars out of any other region. I'd be lucky to find 10 nsx owners in the chicagoland area I presume....

I have some drastic plans for the NSX now even though I said I was finished so stay tuned for some big changes that will make it one of the most unique GPW cars for sure!

rick

Rick, how do you like your ISF? I'm thinking of selling my nsx and getting one... do u think its worth it? :) Thx! I know the ISF is super heavy, but I'm sure some weight reduction could do it some good! :) Thoughts? (Sorry for the off topic)

thanks man! nice meeting you too! :redface:

I ended up taking 3rd Best NSX among People's choice awards which I was very flattered and honored in taking so thanks to those who voted for me! I was in some very very tough company as both 2nd and 1st place belonged to some very highly modified supercharged NSX's in the bay area :cool:

Fun day of events, this is one of the best things about being in an area where there are so many NSX owners. I don't think you can squeeze 40 cars out of any other region. I'd be lucky to find 10 nsx owners in the chicagoland area I presume....

I have some drastic plans for the NSX now even though I said I was finished so stay tuned for some big changes that will make it one of the most unique GPW cars for sure!

rick

Hi Rick, do you have pictures of that meet to shar with the rest of us?

Shawn

Yea the turnout was amazing - a lot of people were checking out the various cars :biggrin: I really liked the unique mods on the red nsx parked next to mine (aka Yojack1)

Right now I'm awaiting forum vendor JETZ (HSC) to send me a replacement smoked NSX-R spoiler for my car so stay tuned for pics. They should be releasing a new NSX rear diffuser as well *hint hint

rick

5/16/10: No new mods for my NSX but we did use this car in my wedding this past Sunday....:biggrin:

It was the perfect color combo since our scheme was lilac/red/white and the targa top came in handy for taking pictures!

I did the decorations myself since I trusted no one else to touch my baby. Everything was backed with painters tape so the stock paint is well protected. The flowers stood up nicely to the 30 miles cruise at highway speeds :)

My cousin made a funny observation, she asked "why both seats say BRIDE since one should read GROOM" hahaha

IMG_6123.jpg

Last edited:
I originally got the idea for this thing after seeing our local dent guy pull out this handy tool for blocking the sun while he worked....

Sometimes carrying a 12' canopy isn't practical or in the NSX, it just doesn't fit! However I love to drive with my TARGA removed but just hate being baked by the sun at car meets, etc. Using the sun-visor doesn't really help since the sun can enter through the targo.

I created this device with some parts from a local hardware store and it provides instant shade anytime. I incorporated a swivel base so it can be angled and the umbrella pops out in 5 seconds so it can still be used for rain if needed. Obviously this is not for use while driving but just to provide some much needed shade in the summer.

Friends commented it reminded them of the Pixar movie "UP" :) hehe

Folds quickly for storage when not in use and quite useful, the suction cup is industrial grade and won't budge even in high winds.

Open for action:

IMG_6298.jpg

Last edited:
Back