• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Denso 150-1013 oil filter - Still the tall version?

Have anyone purchased this filter recently, especially from Sparkplugs.com? I was just wondering if it is still the 'tall' version filter since Amazon shows the 'short' version. Thx.

Is this a big deal? why do so many want the tall version?

3vbxde.jpg

Only benefit I see is that the tall increases overall oil capacity by a little. As far as filtering, on a car that gets frequent changes and good care... I doubt it makes any difference

- - - Updated - - -

I'm open to being proven wrong on this I am just saying what is logical to me

Not intended to start another 'which is better' thread. It's been discussed in detail numerous times. It is just a personal preference. Looks like the Purolator L24484 is also a tall version - probably similar quality as the Denso? Anyone uses this one? Thx.

Is this a big deal? why do so many want the tall version?

Its amazing how much the tall OEM ones are selling for here on prime. The $8 OEM short one works just fine or Honda wouldn't have made it.

I use the tall Denso 150-1013's on both NSX's, they work just fine.

Brian

I bought a bunch few years ago, but apparently sparkplugs.com doesn't have them anymore.

Does anybody know where I could purchase some?

They are NLA and out of stock everywhere, as far as I can tell.

Do you remember the supplier? If it's Autoplicity, they always show them, take your order, then cancel and refund in a few days. About a month ago they showed 90+ in stock but didn't really have any.

OK, great! I'll have to add a few to my inventory! Thanks vivanshah!

Nice! Been looking for these too!

don't thank me yet...it may be a bad listing. Still shows "preparing for shipment" 3 days after I placed the order, which is much longer than amazon usually takes.

I just ordered some to see what happens. Yesterday it was like $19 a filter. Today it dropped down to 9 something.

don't thank me yet...it may be a bad listing. Still shows "preparing for shipment" 3 days after I placed the order, which is much longer than amazon usually takes.

I've got an order for 3 sitting there too.... we'll see what happens.

Just ordered three from Amazon. Supposed to arrive by 5/31. We shall see . . .

i tried ordering that same one from amazon about a month ago. a few days later, i get an email saying that it's "backordered" and i can cancel if i want. i cancelled it and then took my chance with autoplicity directly from their website... before it occurred to me to read the reviews about autoplicity. basically almost every review gave them terrible reviews about backordered/cancelled items and how much of a pain in the ass it was/is to get the refund/credit. i started to worry as my order was already placed and i didn't want to have to deal with bs issues in getting a refund back. 2 days later, i get an email saying my order processed and will ship out soon but im still concerned as there were stories of them saying an order shipped but end up not. about 3 days later i get the package delivered! whew.

so my experience with autoplicity was actually decent other than the slow processing time, but damn it was stressful after having read all the shitty reviews lol

Back