• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Desperate Yankees

Anyone else catch the Red Sox v Yankees game last night? How about that pathetic punk Rodriguez desperately swatting Arroyo's glove in the 8th inning when he knew he was about to be tagged out. I guess in the heat of the moment his true nature revealed itself.

punk_ass_rodriguez.jpg

Kudos to the umpires for twice convening to discuss a questionable call (Mark Bellhorn's 3-run homer over the right field wall in the 4th inning, and the aforementioned glove-swatting by Rodriguez) and both times reversing the call and getting it exactly right.

And let's not forget the Yankee fans, who once again displayed their lack of class by throwing debris on the field when they didn't get the breaks to which they are so accustomed.

GO SOX!!!

Ok.... as a huge....really huge Yankee fan I thought it was more hilarious than anything.... and while I don't condone that blatant slap attempt to be safe... he should have instead knocked the Boston 1st baseman on his ass for blocking the line! Ok Boston got lucky last night and got a few breaks in their favor...hopefully tonight will be different... GL Boston... GO YANKEES!

It has been emotionally draining. I cannot wait for the last game. Whoever wins at the end, I am just happy to have thoroughly (yet painfully) enjoyed the series.

Sox and Yankees Again

Something tells me that the television ratings for tonight's game between the Yankees and Red Sox will be higher than for any of the games in the World Series whose AL team it decides.

JOPRIMO said:
he should have instead knocked the Boston 1st baseman on his ass for blocking the line! Ok Boston got lucky last night and got a few breaks in their favor...hopefully tonight will be different... GL Boston... GO YANKEES!
The 1st baseman (Kevin Millar) blocking the line is irrelevant. Rodriguez could have mowed him down (which he would have been perfectly justified in doing since Millar was blocking the first base line) but at that point he would have already been tagged out by Arroyo (the pitcher). Arroyo had the ball in his glove and WAS NOT blocking the line. Slapping at Arroyo's glove was a desperate bush-league attempt on the part of Rodriguez, who already knew that he couldn't avoid the tag.

How exactly did Boston get lucky? Because the umpires correctly reversed two horrible calls that might otherwise have benefitted the perpetually lucky Yankees?? Yeah, right. Schilling shut the Yankee bats down almost completely for seven innings. NY was fortunate to be in the game at all.

nsxtasy said:
Something tells me that the television ratings for tonight's game between the Yankees and Red Sox will be higher than for any of the games in the World Series whose AL team it decides.

I'm going to have to disagree, IF Boston ends up in the World Series. I predict that there will be very high ratings because everyone (except Yankee fans) want to see the Bambino curse removed.

If it's the Yankees in the World Series, then it'll be another ho-hum boring event. I mean, who really cares at that point anyway? It's a team that Steinbrenner has spent ungodly amounts of $$ on to get a World Series title. What is their payroll compared to the teams they face, 2 to 1 or greater? Personally, I root for anyone they play against, just to see them get their butts kicked by "lesser" teams.

So, if it's the Yankees in the Series, then I'm rooting for the NL. Not necessarily because I like the Astros/Cardinals, but because I dislike the Yankees. Even then, I probably won't be watching the games very faithfully, and will choose American Chopper/Rides/Monster Garage instead and wait for the highlight reel on ESPN after the game's over.

Go Sox! :D

Last edited:
nsxr1 said:
The 1st baseman (Kevin Millar) blocking the line is irrelevant. Rodriguez could have mowed him down (which he would have been perfectly justified in doing since Millar was blocking the first base line) but at that point he would have already been tagged out by Arroyo (the pitcher). Arroyo had the ball in his glove and WAS NOT blocking the line. Slapping at Arroyo's glove was a desperate bush-league attempt on the part of Rodriguez, who already knew that he couldn't avoid the tag.

How exactly did Boston get lucky? Because the umpires correctly reversed two horrible calls that might otherwise have benefitted the perpetually lucky Yankees?? Yeah, right. Schilling shut the Yankee bats down almost completely for seven innings. NY was fortunate to be in the game at all.

I agree with you except for one thing. The 1st baseman at that time was Doug Mientkiewicz, not Kevin Millar.

mister nsx said:
why did they bring out the riot police??....
my friend was at the game last night. he said after the incident with a-rod. the crowd went nuts and stated throwing the foul balls and plastic bear bottels in the stadium and the umps felt unsafe. as for all the yankee haters. right when boston starts to comeback thats when you all start talkin. i dint see anybody post anything until boston started winning. what about when they were done 3 to 0. none of you were supporting them then. what about 19 runs scored on saturday. haha i here this debate all day at work. i work in a hospital and alot of people work there and it goes on all day people screaming down the hall,its great comedy with everyone arguing.

Yankees versus Boston... hmmm... Curt Schilling and his big mouth, 13 million dollars a year... A caveman, a white guy with hair braids, and the rest of the unkempt unprofessionals, 129 million dollars a year.... Losing the World Series for the 3rd time in 86 years.... Priceless...

smonop said:
Yankees versus Boston... hmmm... Curt Schilling and his big mouth, 13 million dollars a year... A caveman, a white guy with hair braids, and the rest of the unkempt unprofessionals, 129 million dollars a year.... Losing the World Series for the 3rd time in 86 years.... Priceless...

Okay.....Here's another funny story for you:

Yankees versus Florida.....hmmm........A bunch of overrated whiners with the most bandwagon fans in baseball history, 180 million dollars a year..........
Getting your butts spanked by a team with less than 1/4 your payroll......Priceless....

smonop said:
Interesting how you've already conceded tonight's game to the Sox... but I digress...

Boston Red Sox:
- A group of scrappy, clutch, team players, making League Championship Series history at the expense of the Yankees... priceless!
- Curt Schilling echoing the sentiments of pretty much everyone (except New Yorkers) when he stated that he couldn't think of any scenario more enjoyable than making 55,000 people from New York shut up. After which he proceeded to pitch seven masterful innings in Game 6, thereby making 55,000 New Yorkers in Yankee stadium shut up. Talk about backing up your words! Beyond priceless!!

New York Yankees:
- A group of mostly over-payed, over-hyped, egocentric prima donnas.
- A payroll so out of proportion to the rest of MLB teams and a roster so loaded with the cream of the free agent crop that ANYTHING short of a World Series Championship in any given year is abject failure. And this looks like it will be another miserable failure of a year for the poor Yanks.

jgtcnsx said:
my friend was at the game last night. he said after the incident with a-rod. the crowd went nuts and stated throwing the foul balls and plastic bear bottels in the stadium and the umps felt unsafe. as for all the yankee haters. right when boston starts to comeback thats when you all start talkin. i dint see anybody post anything until boston started winning. what about when they were done 3 to 0. none of you were supporting them then. what about 19 runs scored on saturday. haha i here this debate all day at work. i work in a hospital and alot of people work there and it goes on all day people screaming down the hall,its great comedy with everyone arguing.
I hope for your sake those are all just careless typos...

Actually, I'm sure that pretty much every American baseball fan other than Yankees fans was rooting hard for the Red Sox the entire time. After all, everyone loves to see whining, overpaid egomaniacs like the Yankees go down in defeat.

TigerNSX said:
I agree with you except for one thing. The 1st baseman at that time was Doug Mientkiewicz, not Kevin Millar.
My bad... you're right, it was Mientkiewicz on first at that point in the game.

nsxr1 said:
I hope for your sake those are all just careless typos...

Actually, I'm sure that pretty much every American baseball fan other than Yankees fans was rooting hard for the Red Sox the entire time. After all, everyone loves to see whining, overpaid egomaniacs like the Yankees go down in defeat.

you hope for my sake haha
i understand why it means so much to you red sox fans. shit you havent one a ws in what is it 86 years. haha

Back