• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DFW 92' NSX Lowered, need help finding Inspection Station

For some reason this year everyone that has tried to do an inspection on my lowered NSX says they can't do it, it's too low, or their machine has been down. Does anyone know an inspection station with an in ground dynamometer that could do a state inspection for such a low car? Preferably in the mid-cities/Arlington area of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Thanks in advance!

in irving. take it to kens brake and alignment. see ron. its on irving blvd in the old down town area. it dont look like much, but the guy that owns it a millionaire. i worked there years ago, and know the manager real well.

Last edited:
I did my inspection here in Frisco, TX at QuickWash America, who does oil, lube and inspection. then they will give you free car wash but I used that for my truck instead.
3300 Preston Rd
Frisco, TX 75034
(214) 387-9274 qwikwash.com

For some reason this year everyone that has tried to do an inspection on my lowered NSX says they can't do it, it's too low, or their machine has been down. Does anyone know an inspection station with an in ground dynamometer that could do a state inspection for such a low car? Preferably in the mid-cities/Arlington area of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Thanks in advance!

For OBDI cars such as yours, you have to mention the words "Lock Up Differential" for them not to put you on the dynamometer wheel. They will then only test for emissions on the tailpipe. Any inspection station should be a able to do it, just make sure you bring some short pieces of 2x4's just in case you need it to prop up the tires for clearance.

in irving. take it to kens brake and alignment. see ron. its on irving blvd in the old down town area. it dont look like much, but the guy that owns it a millionaire. i worked there years ago, and know the manager real well.

Took mine to Kens this week...wish I had called first. The guy there said it was too low, and that they can't even get Vettes on their machine. He recommended a Phillips 66 station nearby, but they had shut down their lowest dyno two weeks prior. Still looking for someplace in North FTW that can do it, and will post it if/when I can find one.

A trek for you, but try quik kar off of midway and park. They had no problem with mine, but you may be lower. They supposedly do all the inspections for ruf auto centre.

Six, thanks for the tip! There are lots of Kwik Kar locations, including one in my neighborhood! Took my car there today and they had no problem doing the inspection, other than it slowing down the work in progress :smile:

You're welcome XCite! Cant wait till we can go classic status and nix the emissions check!

Took mine to Kens this week...wish I had called first. The guy there said it was too low, and that they can't even get Vettes on their machine. He recommended a Phillips 66 station nearby, but they had shut down their lowest dyno two weeks prior. Still looking for someplace in North FTW that can do it, and will post it if/when I can find one.
sorry about that, its been 5 years since i moved from the dfw area. they used to do all kind of exotics back then. i was their alignment tech for 2 years.

Back