• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DFW Project drone free exhaust anyone?

Any good welders here in local DFW area that can give me a hand?
Going to use Dynomax VT muffler either in a pretzel configuration or X configuration but need a good welder that is willing to spend alot of free time helping experiment (don't worry i'll buy all the necessary good food & good beers to go with it).
I have 2 NSX 91' & 00', 91' is up first then if all goes well & sound good then 00' will be next.

Last edited:
Come on ANY brave souls in DFW??????? Don't let me down now....

I mean no offense by this, but it may be hard to find a professional welder/fabricator to dedicate alot of his time/labor for food and drinks, and for a complete stranger.
Thats why these exhausts cost so much, lots of time/labor. Again, no offense intended here. Just my .02

I mean no offense by this, but it may be hard to find a professional welder/fabricator to dedicate alot of his time/labor for food and drinks, and for a complete stranger.
Thats why these exhausts cost so much, lots of time/labor. Again, no offense intended here. Just my .02

Found a couple shop that wants to help fabricate (one of them has the BBQ pit, i just have to bring the meat to lay on the flames & beers). :smile:

If all goes well, sounds mean & brutal this will be a prototype & possible production into the Prime market. Stay tune....

Sure will as soon as things get going. Piecing the parts right now from Dynomax.

did anything come of this?

Project canned. Those dynomax were built very cheap, heavy, not 304ss, & bulky. Test fitted it & it required a lot of mandrel bends & pipes to get around, so nothing came of this. I'm sticking to the one's that are already in the market for the NSX & ready to go. As for the droning, i do not think the NSX drones that bad after all, there are ways to fine tune & quiet that drone.
One of them is to not cruise between 2k & 2.8k, 3k is best to keep the drone out, the others are test pipes, hfc, cold air intake or silencers. I prefer the easy ones.

So far the best I have heard no drone is a Pride exhaust and an Angus exhaust with Angus resonated pipes. Car stays mellow, opens up, no drone during accelerations. No rasp is good also. Sounds level increases as the car increases. Probably as good as it's going to get.

Back