• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did some photoshopping of my Veilside NSX

I decided one day that I should learn Photoshop. Started out with no prior knowledge. About 30 hours later:

Original pics:

Yellow and black a la F&F:

Or orange instead of yellow:

Black with a friends company logo:

White with black roof with the same logo:

Black and white, same logo:

Red Bull!

And finally, a version of the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 F1 car:

So, which one would you like to see IRL? I'm redesigning the car for the 2013 season and it's great trying the ideas out using photoshop. Feel free to use my original photos and post your design idea! I'm open to suggestions :biggrin:

//Johan

Great Job! Photoshop is extremely powerful. I still probably only know how to use 30% of what it can do.

The Red Bull one is really nice. With the car so modified I think a racing style paint would fit it perfectly.

Love the black one!

b@t

Two for black. What about matte black?

Great Job! Photoshop is extremely powerful. I still probably only know how to use 30% of what it can do.

I'm probably at less than 1 percent. The difficult thing with cars is to get the reflections to look natural when changing color.

The Red Bull one is really nice. With the car so modified I think a racing style paint would fit it perfectly.

I agree. It would look awesome! However, I'm not interested in placing company logos on my car and thereby doing free marketing for them. However, if they are interested in a partnership, I'm open for suggestions *blink blink* :wink:

Damn, your like a pro after only 30 hours. I tried to use photoshop once & didn't know where the hell to start & ended up uninstalling it.

Make it three for black :cool:

in 4 black

Alright! I'm thinking matte black...

Damn, your like a pro after only 30 hours. I tried to use photoshop once & didn't know where the hell to start & ended up uninstalling it.

Thanks! I feel very amateur'ish though. However I did know where to start: Youtube. There are a lot of great video tutorials out there and a couple of good written tut's aswell.

99 % of photoshopping consists of using the lasso tool, marking areas of interest and copy-paste them onto new layers. Once you figure out where all the buttons are, it's actually quite easy thereafter.

The MP4/4 one consists of about 20-30 different layers.

//Johan

First yellow one is f n badass......love the look....the last one is so awesome, that you may have trouble keeping people away from your car!:eek:

P.S. Save 6K by keeping your wheels and powdercoating them black......

Last edited:
The wheels are a must! :cool:

+1 on that!

Your wheels kind of look like propellers.

I do however dig the red, white, and black honda paint tho.

Yes they do look like impeller blades! :smile: They are quite nice irl but the rear ones are 10,5 inch wide, can't get the 335's onto those. I would love to see a 12-13 inch wheel in the rear with lambo sized tires.

First yellow one is f n badass......love the look....the last one is so awesome, that you may have trouble keeping people away from your car!:eek:

P.S. Save 6K by keeping your wheels and powdercoating them black......

Yep I was thinking the same thing about the rims. We'll see what happens :biggrin:

I really like the color combination of black, red and white... Luckily I don't have to decide yet what I want. Going to try the looks on other pics with other angles before I decide.

Wow, you learned fast! Was it some good online tutorials that you used or did you just picked up a book and learned it yourself? If the former, please share the link. Thanks.

Can't say I'm the fan of Veilside's work on NSX (too rice for me) but properly colored it doesn't look as bad...

Back