• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Died at idle, then started right up..?

Yes,, would start you could rev the engine then it would die,, I feel ya,,,cost me 100 bucks in parts and 700 labor at the dealership, total 848.00, I could have fixed it myself,,, but it was my fuel pump regulator,, its behind the driver seat, and also it could be the ignition switch behind the ignition key, which was what my problem was,,

It is also possible that the fuel injection got a burp of air or a tiny, tiny bit of moisture in the firing sequence.

Not to worry if it doesn't happen again.

Yes,, would start you could rev the engine then it would die,, I feel ya,,,cost me 100 bucks in parts and 700 labor at the dealership, total 848.00, I could have fixed it myself,,, but it was my fuel pump regulator,, its behind the driver seat, and also it could be the ignition switch behind the ignition key, which was what my problem was,,

Could also be the air bypass that sets the idle speed. But, usually that gets dirty enough that it remains until the pertinent parts are cleaned.

^+1 on "ignore it unless it happens again"

I had the exact same issue, it happened once at a light and then a few days later happened again while I was driving. Based on a previous post from the always helpful Briank, I replaced my ignition switch and its been running great since. The part was under $100 and its a pretty easy DIY job.

Apparently its a very common issue on these cars (as is the main relay) so it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and replace the part.

Back