• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Diff between suspension setups

What is the diff between OEM springs + Bilstein shocks on lower perch vs:
1. Eibach Pro-kit + Bilstein shocks on higher perch
2. Eibach Pro-kit + Bilstein shocks on lower perch

Ride height, handling, pro/cons. Please post pics of these different configurations. I am running OEM springs + Bilstein shocks (lower perch) and wondering if I could go a bit lower w/o getting full coilover kit.

Thanks.

I recently installed the pro kit on the lower perch and it really feels the same as OEM spring ride quality. Just with more scraping... :rolleyes:

I have 17's and 18's on and I can only fit 2 fingers between the wheel and the fender in the front. I could fit 3 fingers in the rear. It doesn't rub at all!
17x7.5 and 18x8.5 Volks. Forgot tire size... Will check later..

Last edited:
Can I please see a better side profile for comparison? Here's what mine looks like:
attachment.php

I recently installed the pro kit on the lower perch and it really feels the same as OEM spring ride quality. Just with more scraping... :rolleyes:

I have 17's and 18's on and I can only fit 2 fingers between the wheel and the fender in the front. I could fit 3 fingers in the rear. It doesn't rub at all!
17x7.5 and 18x8.5 Volks. Forgot tire size... Will check later..

So, the Pro-kit lowers about 1.2" right? The best setup (for the suggested options) may be Pro-Kit + Bilsteins at higher perch for less scraping, right?

Pics welcome of that setup :)

Back