• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Differences between various CTSC comprssors/installs?

I have what appears to be the "older" model compressor on my '99 CTSC equipped NSX. Just wondering the wisdom, benefits, and relative expense/effort in updating to the later SC compressor.

Guidance, anyone?

Attachments

• DSC02920.jpg
    DSC02920.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 107
Well depending on the intake you have this could be easy or hard. (the Easy way) If you have the newer style intake with the bolt together mounting plate then you would need to redrill the mounting holes in the plate to hold the new Autorotor blower and you may also have to rework the inlet port in this plate as well. (the Hard way) If you have the older weld together style intake, the work will require a machine shop to cut the top plate off and machine both the upper mounting plate and the lower portion of the intake to be a bolt together type of intake. This will be a lot of work.

The benifits of moving to the new blower would probably not be a cost effective way of making more power, besides the cost of the blower it self you could send quite a bit to gain maybe 20 peak hp. Now if you had the chance to buy a newer kit and had a buyer for the older kit and only had to change over the parts that really needed to be changed then that is probably a better way to go.

Dave

From what Ive seen, the new Autorotor units gives up huge TQ gains to the older whipple unit. The whipple has an almost perfectly flat curve from 2000 RPM, the Autorotor is about the same as a stock car, and builds TQ more like a turbo. This from a 2005 graph I just saw. Someone care to comment? I think you are lucky to have the whipple.

Here's some plots

New Autorotor
ct-dyno-10-5-05.jpg

Old Whipple and others can be seen here
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/images/NSteXpo2002_DynoReport.pdf

Last edited:
Back