• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Different ECU US-Europe?

As far as manuals are concerned does the ECU differ from US and Europe NSX's? A friend suggested this as driving habits differ from Deutsche Autobahn runs. :)

goldNSX said:
As far as manuals are concerned does the ECU differ from US and Europe NSX's? A friend suggested this as driving habits differ from Deutsche Autobahn runs. :)
No,
As far as my experience go. I have used US and EU and I did'nt find any difference.

perhaps a difference?

Gerard van Santen said:
No,
As far as my experience go. I have used US and EU and I did'nt find any difference.

NA1 C30a 5spd. for the North American market was 270bhp.
NA2 C32a 6spd. for the North American market was 290bhp.

{NA1 C30a auto' for the North American market was 252bhp, and remained as such during entire production run}

In Europe, wasn't the NA1 C30a 5spd. 280bhp?!? :confused: {Same w/ the European market NA2 C32a 6spd ~280bhp?}

Re: perhaps a difference?

Osiris_x11 said:
NA1 C30a 5spd. for the North American market was 270bhp.
NA2 C32a 6spd. for the North American market was 290bhp.

{NA1 C30a auto' for the North American market was 252bhp, and remained as such during entire production run}

In Europe, wasn't the NA1 C30a 5spd. 280bhp?!? :confused: {Same w/ the European market NA2 C32a 6spd ~280bhp?}
In Europe the NA1 C30a 5 speed was 270BHP and the C32a 6 speed was 290BHP. The same as in North America.

The JDM ECU differed in that it was speed limited to 180km/h. But that is the only differences I am aware of...

The Swiss has 274 hp for 91-96 and 280 hp for 97+. I don't know how much influence the japanese concorde agreement has on that. We have a little bit better fuel here than the US. US is 94 octan, Europe/Swiss is 95/98 or even 100 Octan now.

Engine wise there shouldn't be a difference. But the ecu does more than just engine management. I'm thinking about a example at this time, but this example might be wrong and not run via the ecu... In Europe we don't have the "engage clutch before starting" sensor. But as I said, I'm not sure this runs via the ECU tho, there must be better exemples..

Hello

I have a copy off the original HONDA EPC cd and i just find out that there are a lot off different ECU for the NSX.

Only the 93 cars have 4 different partnumbers
37820-PR7-G13
37820-PR7-G03
37820-PR7-A15
37820-PR7-A05

I Know that there is a difference in Automatic and manual transmission. And the EPC also shows that different ECU are used for different countries.

It takes a lot off time to search every partnumbers for all the years But iff you like to know about a specific year i will search for more

Greatings ronny

Honda-ronny said:
Hello

I have a copy off the original HONDA EPC cd and i just find out that there are a lot off different ECU for the NSX.

37820-PR7-G13
37820-PR7-G03
37820-PR7-A15
37820-PR7-A05

Be aware with EPC P/N's, a lot of them are "crossreferenced" or "superseded by" and will come out as the same P/N when you place the order.

goldNSX said:
The Swiss has 274 hp for 91-96 and 280 hp for 97+. I don't know how much influence the japanese concorde agreement has on that. We have a little bit better fuel here than the US. US is 94 octan, Europe/Swiss is 95/98 or even 100 Octan now.

Nah, has to do with RON and that sorta stuff, is the way they calculate the number. Is discussed on prime.

Honda-ronny said:
Hello

37820-PR7-G13
37820-PR7-G03
37820-PR7-A15
37820-PR7-A05

I Know that there is a difference in Automatic and manual transmission. And the EPC also shows that different ECU are used for different countries.

It takes a lot off time to search every partnumbers for all the years But iff you like to know about a specific year i will search for more

Greatings ronny

I found 18 partnumbers for 1991 till 1994 i bet they are all the same part, except for the auto.

Hi

Don't go on numbers with honda.
Lot of partsnumbers are production number,but the same part.

But the ecu of a acura and honda nsx are just in diff.with fueleminision.

Greeting frank

Honda partsnumbers can be explaned as"
37820-PR7-G13

37820 This number tells you about the part itself ( in this case the ECU)
PR7 This number tells you about the car or engine
G13 This number tells you about the factory that produces the part and also tells you about iff this parts has been modified and also this number will tell you more about the country for wich this parts is produced.

Exemple G13 and G03 are both ( last) number for the ECU. G03 is the ECU for the automatic car ( if the is also a part wich ends with G04 than this part is or reproduced ( because it was sold out) or this part is modified)
G13 is the numer for the manual car, in this case when the part ended at G 14 also this part has been modified or reproduced.

I hope this helps

When you think al thes partnumber can be excanged than you are wrong. The problem is that some partnumber can be changed but we don't know what the difference is between this ECU. You need to go into the database of the ECU to find out whats different.

I hope this helps

greatings

So if we run 98 in our cars, we could advance the timing (if possible…) and get about 10 more HP?
I guess remapping the ECU (replace it with a racing one), would give some good results, because the standard Honda ECU is mapped to be safe everywhere. So detonation would never occur even with USA gas (low octane).

US guys, is there a sticker somewhere saying the lowest octane gas that should be put in your car?

So the next question, can we advance the timing a little by changing something?
Peter

Taken from cartalk.com, and also previously discussed here on prime:

I was listening to today's show on Sirius Satellite Radio. At the very end of the show, you had a caller from the UK who was asking about octane ratings in Europe vs. the USA. You suggested that they may have a different rating system in Europe.

You were 100% correct. In the USA and Canada, we use the average of the Research Octane Test (RON) and the Motor Octane Test (MON), which is calleed the Pump Octane Number (PON). In Europe, they use just the RON.

So, what they call 91 octane in Europe is equivalent to our 87.
What they call 95 octane is equivalent to our 91.
And their 98 is our 94.

Sorry to bring the bad news ;)

We have 95 octan here at least. 98 octan is premium and 100 octan (Shell, very expensive) for the people who believe Michael Schumacher is winning the next championchip. :D :tongue:

Does the ECU/chip always go to the limits (knocking)? I don't believe that. I think the OEM NSX runs exactly the same with 95 instead of 98/100 octan. Does the DALI chip run better with 98 or even 100 octan?

goldNSX said:
We have 95 octan here at least. 98 octan is premium and 100 octan (Shell, very expensive) for the people who believe Michael Schumacher is winning the next championchip. :D :tongue:

Does the ECU/chip always go to the limits (knocking)? I don't believe that. I think the OEM NSX runs exactly the same with 95 instead of 98/100 octan. Does the DALI chip run better with 98 or even 100 octan?

Here at the local airport we have some racers that buy AVGAS 100LL for there bikes. That is aviation fuel 100 octan low lead.... Just to let you know they are NOT winning the races. I don't think it will give you much more power, on the other hand, using lower octane will kill the engine eventually...
I'm running my Renault kangoo 1500cc diesel on JET-A1. It's faster now than the NSX... and guess what, I didn't forget to lie here.:biggrin:

Back