• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Different shades of tan interior; same year?

In October I purchased a 1993 Formula Red w/ Ivory interior NSX. According to the wiki pages, there are 15 of these.

I stumbled upon this 1993 Acura NSX in Formula Red and I noticed that the interior is drastically different than mine.

Any thoughts on this? Is mine not considered tan/ivory?

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

93nsx_lftopen.jpg

That interior is custom. Notice the black on the side bolsters of the seats. The center console is custom and the carpet is black. The lower part of the door panel is black, yet the leather part is tan. The door handles have been replaced too (SoS perhaps?).

Last edited:
I think its all about how the car spent its life.

I mean if it was in the sun all the time color change may happen,

if the same car was in a garage all of its life the interior may look White.

one thing about the NSX it ages well. I know of no other car thats 20 year old body style that makes current cars look old

Long live the NSX

Yours is indeed ivory. The NSX also came with the tan color interior shown in the picture.

Not in 1993; tan is an option for 1994+

There are also different shades of Tan/Camel, and some trim pieces were tan only for a few years (the entire rear bulkhead is Tan in 1994 cars, for instance, while it is black on later years); many ivory interiors are incorrectly referred to as 'tan' due to age and discoloration, ivory should be *white* if properly maintained.

Tan interior trim pieces are largely discontinued; I was told the tan interior a-pillar set I purchased for my 1994 was one of the last remaining.

Back