• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Different Wipples

How many different Wipples were , are used for the NSX ? I have an older Comptech kit , but I don't know which model it is. Photos of each would help a lot.

There was only one Whipple, the 1.6L, made by Lysholm in Sweden, used by Comptech in their standard supercharger systems. It was used from around 1995-2004 from memory. It can be distinguished by a black cast housing. It was replaced by a 1.7L Autorotor compressor, and then recently, this was replaced with the 1.6L 1600AX, which is very similar to the original Whipple. All three are very solid reliable units producing around 80-100 horsepower gains with the rest of the Comptech/CT-Engineering supercharger kit.

take care,
-- Chris

Chris is correct. There are a couple of custom 2.3L whipples that sexyred and myself acquired. But, they were never offered as a kit.
Jeff

Last edited:
If you have the comptech SC the 2.3L is almost a direct bolt on. I have the whipple 2.9L on mine.

Ken, could you give some specifics on that? In my case, I have the late Whipple(2003 approx.) 1.6L and am running a hi-boost pulley. But if I wanted to to use the 2.3L or 2.9L unit, wouldn't a custom manifold or adapter plate be needed? Thanks.

John

I cannot quite remember since I fabricated a complete intake from sheet metal. I think you can use your current top plate. If not it's only a piece of 3/8" aluminum. You will not need a new intake.

You can ask Shad about this but I think you will mount the Whipple in the same location and order your 2.3L # W140AX with a 3-5/16 snout.
This should be a direct bolt on. The only cutting may be the SC discharge on your aluminum plate. Then you will want to order the intake from an auto rotor SC that your throttle body bolts to so you have a larger area for air flow. This is a bolt on no modification needed.
The 2.9L requires a custom intake manifold.

Back