• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difficult Decision Ahead

Looking for a little advice:

I'm moving to New Orleans this summer and not sure whether to bring the NSX with me. The roads in some areas are BAD, and with my current suspension, I just won't be able to drive without fear of tearing the bottom off.

The current suspension on the car is stock shocks with H&R springs (very low). Have 17/18 Volk TE37's that won't look right with the stock springs (which I have).

So.... if I keep the car, new suspension is a MUST. Any recommendations on a setup that'll look good with the wheel setup, maintain the car's sharp handling, AND stay tall enough to handle some rough roads? (i'm thinking coilovers)

OR, should I just sell my baby, knowing that New Orleans will never have awesome roads to drive? Closest worthwhile drive might be Skip Barber racetrack, which might make adjustability a virtue.

I did spot a red '02-'05 driving through Old Metairie (New Orleans' very rich area) the other day, so at least 1 other person there owns one. On this forum?

Appreciate the input guys!

Jorge

One more thing.... I have the dali racing sway bars installed on the car as well as the stock ones in the garage.

Not sure if that makes a difference with certain setups, but worth mentioning.

If you love the car keep it. If the roads are real bad just be extra careful. The worst really that can happen if you go over a rough area at 10mph is you mess up your front lip.

Just my opinion.

Also you could go with some Dali or tanabe or eibach springs to raise it up like .25 inches.

Stephen

Seriously, you're thinking of selling the car because you may have a set-up that's too low for the roads? Please, keep the car, change the suspension.

slight drop, great handling, minimal cost, OEM quality...

quiksilver55... I was in a similar situation as you (my area had too many inclines/declines, new construction for homes & new roadways, older roads of Pony'Express vintage needing resurfacing, etc') a few years ago. The OEM Zanardi NSX / JDM NSX Type-S suspension was a near ideal fit for me, and perhaps might be for you. There are some insightful threads here, just search for them when you get the chance.

Last edited:
Check out the factory Type S (Zinardi) set-up. Lower the stock NSX by around 1/2 inch.

One of our members has Type S which works well all over Europe and on track!

HTH

The roads, for the most part, suck here in MN. I have Bilsteins on the lower perch with stock springs. Works well.

A lot of my buddies have S2k's and such in NO. I can almost guarantee they are more dropped than yours. They all use as DD's, as long as you're careful you will be fine. the roads really aren't that bad, I mean I made it through with a dropped SI that is 5 1/2" off the ground and only grounded once due to me looking down at my navi.

Well, just got off the phone with the Acura service manager at Walker Acura in New Orleans and it appears that there are a few (high teens) NSX owners out there, himself included, so the situation probably isn't as dire as I had initially expected.

Keep the suggestions coming, though. The Zanardi sounds like a safe bet, at least for now, but later on down the road might want some adjustability.

Thanks again guys!

Back