• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DINAN chip users.......

I have a 91 with a DINAN chip installed. I have owned the car 3 years now and every year I have a hard time to get it to pass emmissions. The car now only has 70k on it now but this year I cannot get it to pass on the idle side of the HC part of the emmissions. The car is stock except for the chip. It has had all maintenance done along with new spark plugs, fuel filter. Any idea if the chip would cause the problem.

No idea on the chip, however, we have stock EPROMs available. I assume that your ECU has a ZIF or ICC ship installed. We have stock EPROMs available that should allow you to pass emissions. I'll send you one for the cost of shipping. Call on Monday if you're interested.

regards,
-- Chris

I installed the Dinan chip on my '92 in 1994 and easily passed Denver emmissions testing thru 1997. After that, I moved to an area where no emmisions testing is required. But I've never had any indication of a problem with the chip.

I had the Dinan chip in my '91 and it passed California emissions for a couple years with no problems whatsoever.

FYI, in back-to-back dyno pulls my car made more power throughout the rev range with the OEM chip, which is what I have now. :(

Dinan?

Never new that they did anything other than BMW. I had a bunch of their products in my M3... great quality outfit.

robr said:
OMG, ken you have a chip?!?! :)

Just what I was thinking!

The mental mod list for Ken is growing, I think I can name 4 now (chip, newer rims, bilstein, brake pads). I wonder if there is some way to get backround music into this thread (Its the End of the World as we know it...)

:D

White94 said:
The mental mod list for Ken is growing, I think I can name 4 now (chip, newer rims, bilstein, brake pads).
You forgot the Stoptech two-piece rotors, the brake cooling ducts, the pocket and portfolio behind the driver's seat (it's a Honda part that was an option in Japan, but since it was never available here, I consider it a mod), the HID headlights, the little adjustment that the nice folks at Acura of Brookfield made to my rear differential, ...and oh yeah, does the use of the original alignment specs, since superseded by Acura's retroactive revision, also count? ...also accessories including remote entry, the entire set of NSX luggage, etc.

White94 said:
I wonder if there is some way to get backround music into this thread (Its the End of the World as we know it...)
DREAM ON... ;)

is a chip a worthwhile mod for a 95?

i currently have K&N and Dali exhaust...only other mod i'm considering are a set of headers...unless the chip is worthwhile. How much are chips for these cars? worth the money?

nsxtasy said:
You forgot the Stoptech two-piece rotors, the brake cooling ducts, the pocket and portfolio behind the driver's seat (it's a Honda part that was an option in Japan, but since it was never available here, I consider it a mod), the HID headlights, the little adjustment that the nice folks at Acura of Brookfield made to my rear differential, ...and oh yeah, does the use of the original alignment specs, since superseded by Acura's retroactive revision, also count? ...also accessories including remote entry, the entire set of NSX luggage, etc.

DREAM ON... ;)

I guess I better shut up then huh? My installed mod list is shorter than yours!

HID, S634, pads, brake fluid, cluster rings, newer OEM rims & perforated leather. That is OK, the FedEx man is bringing more goodies.
:D

How useful do you find the chip?

I have the dinan chip and have just passed the new
CA smog test (plus passed two others previous with the
dinan chip). The "new" test is the test used in urban areas
with air-quality problems (sf bay area). The car is run on
a set of rollers while being checked. It is a tougher test
than the "old" test.

nsxtasy said:
This particular one, yes.

Previous runs with a modified NSX running the Dinan chip showed a 2-4 horsepower loss through the range compared to stock. This was especially noticeable through the mid range.

Regards,
-- Chris

nsxtasy said:

DREAM ON... ;)

Man, that thing sounds riced out! :cool: :p :cool:

NetViper said:
So you would say the chip is a waste of money ken?

Did anyone even bother to read my post!?! I had the Dinan chip in my '91... in back-to-back dyno pulls my car made more power throughout the rev range with the OEM chip.

:rolleyes: sheesh

Back