• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DirectTV

So my local cable only has 35 HD channels, so I'm thinking of switching. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about getting a good deal with DirectTV? DTV website? DTV on the phone? Retailer like Best Buy? Smaller dealer?

I need 2 HD DVR boxes and a dish installed, and would like to get the best deal on programming... HD package with maybe HBO as well...

Also, my current deal is bundles with internet. What options have you all gone with (ie DTV + internet)??

Thanks

I would just call them or check out the site. As a new customer you should be able to get a sweet deal.

If you can't get a great deal directly, then just tell them you want the basics... nothing more. Then a week later call and tell them you want to cancel. They will kiss your a** like there's no tomorrow. You should walk out of there with at least an HD Tivo and 6 mos FREE of ALL of the premium channels... :wink:

My buddy got his bill halved for the next 6 months cause they showed up late for the install. Then, a week later, when the satellite went down because the installer botched some programming, he got 3 more months free. They'll wheel and deal to keep you on.

I just upgraded my DTV last week to their HD package. I have to imagine they'd give new customers at least what they'd give to retain current customers. I spoke with customer retention and got a free HDDVR, free HD package for a year ($10/mo value) and free HBO for 6 months. They were out yesterday to do the install and while I'm still trying to work out the kinks and am suffering separation anxiety from my TiVo, the HD is beautiful. I even watched Dancing with Stars last night which I'd normally never watch because the picture was so stunning.

Back