• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Disconnect ALB + TCS warning lights

Need help on disconnect the ALB and TCS warning lights. I read about the DIY exercise the ABS/solenoids system. I worry about getting more warning lights come on the dash after I do it or make a mistake during a process. I am happy without ALB and TCS on my NSX, just want to get those lights off. Any one have any idea? Thanks in advance for any helps!

Thank very much for your reply Nimbus. After unplug the TCS unit, will the ALB lights still on? or I need to unplug the ALB unit as well? I remember ALB and TCS using the same speed sensor..

??? Why would you want to disable these warning lamps? Even if they come on, they "reset" when the car is restarted. If you disable them, you'll never know if a fault causes them to come on.

EDR

To disable the ABS light (and ABS), unplug the wiring harness under the glove compartment. Check the service manual for the exact control module.

DanO
no ABS & no TCS

Originally posted by erobbins:
??? Why would you want to disable these warning lamps? Even if they come on, they "reset" when the car is restarted. If you disable them, you'll never know if a fault causes them to come on.

EDR

If one disables the TCS and/or ABS by pulling the proper fuses, then their fault indicators will light up on the dash, which is annoying if you are planning to drive that way for a while. If the systems are unplugged at their control modules the units are disabled and their indicators do not light up on the dash.

In my case and driving style, the TCS (’92) seemed to do more harm than good at the track and on the road. Plus I was always forgetting to hit the TCS button before hitting a track session, which meant that I had to disable the TCS while trying to negotiate the car at the limit by try pushing the stupid TCS button (3 times to disable when it’s been activated recently) while strapped into my harness—it’s not a pretty sight and is the reason that I finally unplugged the unit.

After a few years of hard work keeping my ABS unit functioning, it finally let me down two times in a row at the track and nearly caused me to spin off the track at a pretty high speed in a not-so-good spot. When a solenoid sticks, the ABS stops working and if you’ve been relying on ABS and suddenly it’s gone…goodbye.

Anyway, these are the reasons that both my ABS and TCS modules are in my basement instead of in my car.

Disclaimer: My car is not stock in terms of brakes and wheels/tires, which may be the reason that I was having problems with these systems. I would not advise anyone to permanently disable these units.

DanO

Originally posted by erobbins:

EDR

My reason to disable the TCS and ABS is because after 5-6 miles I drive, both ABS n TCS light up on the dash. It is really annoying especially at night, those "yellow" lights are bright! To keep your ABS unit functioning, you need a hard work like dano mention.

To disable the ABS light (and ABS), unplug the wiring harness under the glove compartment. Check the service manual for the exact control module.
DanO
no ABS & no TCS
Thanks for the info Dano. I will try to disconnect both the ABS and TCS this weekend.

Just wondering how many NSX owner permanently disable their ABS and TCS???

Originally posted by NSX-VT:
My reason to disable the TCS and ABS is because after 5-6 miles I drive, both ABS n TCS light up on the dash.

Sounds like your E-brake has been left up a couple of clicks. Why don't you see if that's been adjusted wrong or you just don't pull it down all the way. Check this first if you haven't already

BK

Sounds like your E-brake has been left up a couple of clicks. Why don't you see if that's been adjusted wrong or you just don't pull it down all the way. Check this first if you haven't already

BK[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the tips, nsxlr8!
Sory I not quite sure the "E-brake", do u mean the handbrake setting couple of cliks up or something else? I did check the handbrake switch, confirm the switch work fine. The handbrake/Park brake warning light also stay on. Any idea?

Back