• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dissapointed in the Mustang Forum

I guess I should have known better, but since I figure I have at least a year or 2 before I can muster up the cash for an NSX, I was thinking about putting a little money into my V6 Mustang, just to make it a little more fun for those 2 years. SO....
I went to MustangObsession.com which is dedicated to V6 Mustangs...I know, I know...but I thought that I might be able to get some advice from people who had modified their Mustangs in various ways yada yada, like here on NSX Prime. Unfortunatley, I discovered that 95% of V6 Mustang Drivers, at least the ones on this particular Forum are just your average Boy Racer types. As they list their "mods" they go into details such as the gauge of wiring they used for their subwoofers...the head unit, and amplifier they used...basically, without too much detail they list 15 things, with 1 or 2 performance upgrades on the list, usually a K&N Intake, or Eibach Springs. So I decided that I do not want these people to answer my questions.

Thanks for listening, had to vent...my little rampage against idiocy...sigh. If anyone does know of a GOOD forum where I can get some advice on my car, or if anyone wants to give me some general advice, feel free. Thanks again.

------------------
Weenie '95 V6 Mustang
Dreams of Future NSX

http://www.street-lethal.com

This is my good friend's website.. He's also the president of this mustang club... They have all sorts of mustangs in their club with VERY skilled members, so I'm sure you treated with respect if you post a few questions...

-Electro

Thanks guys. I think I have decided that putting my NSX purchase off a few more years is inevitable. I will soon, with luck, be upgrading from a weenie V6 mustang, to a slightly newer V8 GT model for my car plus 3 or 4 thousand bucks. Hoping to pick up a low mileage 96-97 GT. Then it will last me till I can afford an NSX. (My V6 has 82K miles on it...and it spent its first 6 mo to a year as a rental vehicle, and it was my first car, and I can't claim taking very good care of it when I was in High School...A + B + C = Car Failure before 100K miles)

------------------
Weenie '95 V6 Mustang
Dreams of Future NSX

Since you are in Vancouver, I'd suggest you take a look at Auto Max USA in Yakima, WA (www.latemodelcars.com) They have a 96 Cobra Mustang with low miles (34k) on the lot. I think they are only asking $16,000

The ownership family are friends of mine.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Back