• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY alternative JDM/EDM Switches

I thought i would share this with those who were on the same boat as me. I recently decided to add heated seats to my car, after doing this mod on my s2000, i absolutely enjoy the warmth especially on top down drives or winter season. Anyways instead of using aftermarket rocker switches which wouldn't look right on a nsx, i tried to go with the factory look. I researched it up and found the alternative OEM acura switches which fits our JDM / EDM Switch panel. I sourced out 2 heated seat switches off a 99 acura 3.2TL, the ebay seller was nice enough to throw in the pig tail harness which i needed. I bought the panel from SOS and saw they sell the additional caps / switches which i also needed. 4 Bay switch pannel with only 2 heated switch would make the remaining 2 empty slot lonely. I spent the next 2-3 days researching comparing sizes to see what alternative switches would work and makes sense. I plan on hooking up my front fog lights as well as a rear one. Instead of coughing out $175+ in JDM Fog light switches, i came across another ad for a fog light switch off 1990 acura integra. In the pictures they look pretty similar. Instead of gambling with only $10 shipped, i decided to reach out to my honda community on honda-tech and found a lost friend who i used to deal transactions with. He was nice enough to spare me 3 switches off his spare parts. I obtain the foglight, hazzard and defrost switch... Visually they look quite similar however they do need some triming. I took the plunge considering it was a demo project which didn't cost me a dime. Results are shown below.

I plan on achieving the proper switch for the panel however until someone is nice enough to point me in the direction, this will just have to do.

price chart:
SOS JDM/EDM Panel - $35 shipped
2 x Acura TL Heated Switches - $15 shipped
2 x Acura Integra Cluster panel w/ Switches ($10-20 shipped)

over all cost - $70 (less than one JDM Foglight switch on SOS)

*NOTE* the hazard switch would be used as my rear fog light
7520B860-A821-40F4-AB8A-157A6CC4E4AD-581-000000313E518C11.jpg

1E8C68A7-A875-423B-82B1-F0FF5B89DDE4-581-00000031417F5824.jpg

This mod will require some trimming, dont be afraid to hack it up... you wont be able to see it.. i used a dremel with a drill bit because i got lazy to find a grinder....
307BF4B8-C859-4224-9D27-D5940FC6566D-581-00000031361F1C27.jpg

6BFCCA71-61D3-410D-A6A4-2A2972F356BD-581-000000313BC4FBEC.jpg

ENJOY!

Looking forward to seeing this installed. Great job.

Then just crack open the switches and add a brown colored acetate (try several colors) and it will turn the green illumination to red/orange to match the rest of the NSX interior.

Does anyone have the photos of this or had any luck with any other Honda/Acura models switches that fit in the JDM switch panel?

Thanks in advance!

-Alec

Does anyone have the photos of this or had any luck with any other Honda/Acura models switches that fit in the JDM switch panel?

Thanks in advance!

-Alec

Give the below thread I read...just finished doing this mod myself with a few tweaks. Your best bet for sourcing switches and pigtails is order the SOS JDM switch panel and then taking that to the junk yard with you and hitting up all the old acuras on their lot. That way you can test fit them on the spot and source the pigtails for the switches at the same time.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/186565-Heated-leather-seats?highlight=heated+seats

Awesome. I am glad they had photos on there. I had heard of several switches that fit, but was looking for the model and year. That thread had it all.
Thanks!

-Alec

Give the below thread I read...just finished doing this mod myself with a few tweaks. Your best bet for sourcing switches and pigtails is order the SOS JDM switch panel and then taking that to the junk yard with you and hitting up all the old acuras on their lot. That way you can test fit them on the spot and source the pigtails for the switches at the same time.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/186565-Heated-leather-seats?highlight=heated+seats

So I bought and tried a few different Honda/Acura switches and didn't like the way they fit. They all fit into the hole of the JDM panel, but didn't fill the space evenly or all the way. I also didn't like how some weren't flat and had wording on them. For that reason I am just going to make my own carbon blanks/buttons so they all match and you can't tell which ones are blanks and which ones are actual buttons. The carbon will look better with a carbon center console also.

-Alec

The top left is my JDM latching button, top right it a momentary switch for my garage door, and bottom two are blanks. Install pics to come.

10629796_10100175502121141_4754025635312610475_n.jpg

The top two are the Acura ones for heated seats and the other I have are I think the half antenna one and fog light. I forget though, I just like them because they look cool but plan to hook my vrh kit up to the heater seat ones.

Thanks!

Back