• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY camber => possible?

Has anyone thought/attempt to self adjust their camber? My camber is a little off, but not enough to pull my hair out and start looking for new 18s.

What are the pro/con/no-no involved?

Yes, I read the FAQ before posting (knowing the FAQ sniper out there...) I'm sure the FAQ does not take aftermarket wheels & rims, lowering suspension, etc into consideration. Then again, why should it?
smile.gif

What specifically is your question MRacer? I do not understand the "but not enough to pull my hair out and start looking for new 18s" comment.

The answer to your question is: Yes, you can do camber yourself with the right tools and know-how. In fact you can do the entire alignment yourself if you have those two things. Of course you can also do an engine or transmission overhaul with the right tools and knowledge...

If your car is lowered much you will probably not be able to get the camber as close to zero as you probably want for street driving regardless of who does the alignment. And there is no commercially available camber kit for the car to correct for that.

Back