• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY days

I'm starting this thread as a place where people can post "help wanted" requests. I've helped quite a few local owners with mods and maintenance and I think there are many others who would also be willing to help out, if only they were asked.

So if you got a mod or maintenance that you're planning and could use an extra pair of hands or someone who's done it before to look over your shoulder and/or help out, post it here.

I hope that this can become the thread where people will ask for help on their projects... and where people will offer their help to those who've asked :biggrin:

J

Great idea James. I'm willing to assist if needed and could use an extra pair of eyes when I finally get around to changing that stripped hub bolt.

anyone want to come give me a hand on my next oil change? (Berkeley area) :D

This is a great idea James, I aways love to work on my nsx and help other in anyway. Wish you guys were closer to Sacramento, I could use some help installing the BC coil over with the swift spring, never install suspension before.

This is a great idea James, I aways love to work on my nsx and help other in anyway. Wish you guys were closer to Sacramento, I could use some help installing the BC coil over with the swift spring, never install suspension before.

I can help you. I've installed a couple before. I've met you before at a coffee meet at sunrise mall.
Tom

Always willing to help out if needed as well. I do all my own routine maintenance and have fully disassembled my interior in the past.

Great idea making this thread! I've disassembled my interior, rear bumper and sideskirts so far so I could help if anyone needs that done.

Always willing to help out if needed as well. I do all my own routine maintenance and have fully disassembled my interior in the past.

Great idea making this thread! I've disassembled my interior, rear bumper and sideskirts so far so I could help if anyone needs that done.

What were you guys doing that you had to disassemble your interior?

Installed GROM, fix aspirator fan, remove CD changer, adjust windows, checked to see if the CTSC wiring was correct.

Installed GROM, fix aspirator fan, remove CD changer, adjust windows, checked to see if the CTSC wiring was correct.

ahhh....OK....I was thinking like you took off the dash and stuff. I have done all of that stuff except the CTSC wiring. What was wrong?

ahhh....OK....I was thinking like you took off the dash and stuff. I have done all of that stuff except the CTSC wiring. What was wrong?

Just wanted to make sure the wiring was correct and neatly routed. Also removed LoJack which was cleverly hidden near the ecu

Great thread. I wanted to ask for help when I was trying to install my KWs couple of months ago. I did installed them myself after reading threads on prime. I would still like someone to take a look at them. Should front driver side different from passenger side? I can see KW logo on driver side after the install but logo on passenger side is facing inside. Adjustment # on knob is also facing inside. Not sure if I'm describing it correctly.

Great thread. I wanted to ask for help when I was trying to install my KWs couple of months ago. I did installed them myself after reading threads on prime. I would still like someone to take a look at them. Should front driver side different from passenger side? I can see KW logo on driver side after the install but logo on passenger side is facing inside. Adjustment # on knob is also facing inside. Not sure if I'm describing it correctly.

If I remember correctly, the location of the compression adjustment slot will change depending on whether you have the brake line "in front of" or "behind" the shock (it should be "behind", or towards the rear of the car in relation to the shock), if that makes sense. It sounds like you might have the brake line running in front of the shock (incorrect) on one side and behind the shock (correct) on the other side.

This is just a guess based on my memory... Which is failing :smile:

J

Thanks, James. Here are pics.

Left/driver side

IMAG0752_zps23b9fefc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Right/passenger side

IMAG0754_zps83e96df6.jpg

IMAG0755_zps10b2674c.jpg

I can help you. I've installed a couple before. I've met you before at a coffee meet at sunrise mall.
Tom

Want to give a shout out to my friend Tom,

Thanks Tom, for giving me a hand on the installation on the BC coilover. Tom brought over some power tool and we
were able to finish the job in about 3.5 hour. Overall it's a fairly straight forward process, it made it a lot easier since
Tom brought the power tool, for sure it's a two person job. I now need to adjust the height and the ride.

im in sac i have torn and put back at least 25 nsxs anyone want to use the shop on a sunday drop me a text im usually around due to being bored 916-821-3456 text me

well I really need to get out a stripped stud and put a new one back in before I head out to the track. Anyone have a hydraulic press I can borrow?

Thanks, James. Here are pics.

I can only see one of the brake line mounting tabs in the pics (the last, bottom pic), and that one is correct. If the other side is a mirror image of that, then they're both correct.

Your compression adjusting slot on one side is facing inboard? Mine are facing rearward. There is no way for my adjusting slots to face inboard - only rearward or forwards.

I'll try to look for pics of my install for reference.

But I wouldn't use the sticker as a reference for proper installation. The thing to assure is where the brake line tab is and in the one pic I referenced it is correct.

J

sorry for the late reply. i am thinking of changing the transmission fluid. (i change the tranny fluid on all my cars every 6 months, or when i purchase a new car). anyone want to come give me a hand on this? (berkeley area) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe… when will you be doing it?

J

sorry for the late reply. i am thinking of changing the transmission fluid. (i change the tranny fluid on all my cars every 6 months, or when i purchase a new car). anyone want to come give me a hand on this? (berkeley area)

- - - Updated - - -

02#154, i am thinking on saturday or sunday? what is your schedule like?

Back