• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY Frunk storage

I thought I would share an easy, one day, DIY project. I mounted a .50 cal ammo can where the spare tire would be so that I can keep an emergency tool kit in the car. It's securely mounted using the same hardware that the spare used. Plus, the ammo can is sealed, and shouldn't obstruct the radiator air flow.
20230430_110723.jpg

Very nice! Great job documenting the temps. Amazing to get those holes located so perfectly. It looks like the side to side measurements might be as important that the front-back, especially as it doesn't look equally centered. Can you add the measurements and clarify if it's to the side or the center of the hole?

The handle looks like it's for carrying with the box full, not for opening & removing the lid. Do you need it anymore? Does it rattle? Swap for DCF?

Very nice! Great job documenting the temps. Amazing to get those holes located so perfectly. It looks like the side to side measurements might be as important that the front-back, especially as it doesn't look equally centered. Can you add the measurements and clarify if it's to the side or the center of the hole?

The handle looks like it's for carrying with the box full, not for opening & removing the lid. Do you need it anymore? Does it rattle? Swap for DCF?
Here's the approximate measurements. The dimensions are to the center of the holes. To be honest, I figured out where to drill the holes by taping a piece of cardboard to the bottom of the can and pressed it against the bolts until they left an indentation on the cardboard.

You're right about the handle, it isn't needed anymore. But I have not heard any rattling while driving, so I don't plan on removing it.
NSX ammo can mount dim.jpg

Last edited:
Back