• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do other drivers just not see you on the road??!!!

When I got into motorcycles I learned to ride like the other guy was intentionally trying to take you out, and a fair amount of the time that seems to be the case. Too many near misses to count, usually involving SUV's or Metro buses. Was almost flattened by a cop once pulling into a Taco Bell parking lot. Got the "Sorry, didn't see ya" from him too. :mad:

The Fiat is about as bad since its literally waist high. Sitting in an Explorer you can't see it if its close behind. The NSX was actually an improvement as far as visibility goes :)

tmeekins said:
I never accept the excuse that my car is too short for them to see. After all, I could have been a small a child walking behind the truck. It's their responsibility to see us, not ours to be seen. Of course, it doesn't hurt to be defensive and make sure you are seen.

thats what i say...

The nsx is hard for suv's and trucks to see sometime if there mirrors aren't possioned right or they just aren't paying attention. I've only put about 2k miles on mine and I've come close to more accidents in the last 3 months than I've had total in my life.
But again it is hard to see nsx's, I almost side swiped one in my truck and I knew it was there.
It wouldn't be a bad idea though to have a small paintball gun behind the seat though when someone else causes the problem and then decides to flip you off or gester to you that it was your fault, just light em up, make their suv look like a clown car and run. :)

Also just drive carfully, give plenty of room and pass very fast so they don't loose you in there mirror.

Back