• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you park with the top off?

How do you park after a drive with the top down?

• No top, windows up.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No top, windows down or don't care

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Always put the top back on before I leave the car

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
Like the title says, after a drive without the top on, do you put the roof back on after you park if you are going to leave the car? Do you worry about: theft, damage (throwing, spitting, etc.), bird waste?

Last edited:
I always put the roof back on when I park it. More because we have a lot of sudden rain storms more than I'm worried about anyone taking anything or it. I normally don't drive it any where if I plan on being apart from it for too long. The only thing is that I usually have 3rd degree burns frown my hands and forearms from doing it!

I do all the time. I just bought the Targa in April and of all things it came with a fold up, suction cup on top. I thought it was dumb when I bought the car but I use it all the time. I do always lock the car and the windows much be up to use the folding top deal.

I would never leave it for more than 10 minutes without any top mostly because I'm concerned with bird crap. That would launch me...

NOTE: If I'm leaving it in a 'at risk' location (which is never) I will put the hard top on. Also if there is any chance of rain and I can't get to the car quickly. The only real time I leave it with the soft top is when I'm at work (which is secure) or at a picnic or something where I can get to it.

If there's not a cloud in the sky and I'm going to have the car in my sight at all times, I park with the top off.

yes if weather looks good(I have been rained on) ,and the area is a known safe zone.ie not much foot traffic.

Most of the time I leave the top off and windows down. If I going to be away from the car for a while like about an hour or more I put the top on and windows up and lock her up.

Back