• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dodge Ram SRT-10 (Viper engine) anyone?

So what does one think about the Dodge Ram SRT-10 with the Viper Engine? I'm thinking about trading my Toyota Pickup with 250K miles for something ... a little more torquey :rolleyes: I'm looking at the Quad Cab with Auto so I can haul heavy cars to the track like the NSX..

A fairly recent with low miles can be had for 30K or so.

Test drove a few(both reg cab and quad cab) almost got one but instead got the Escalade EXT, decided to go with the EXT; figured if I wanted to go fast that's why I bought my motorcycles:rolleyes:. But, no doubt, it would be perfect for a go fast daily driver,

So what does one think about the Dodge Ram SRT-10 with the Viper Engine? I'm thinking about trading my Toyota Pickup with 250K miles for something ... a little more torquey :rolleyes: I'm looking at the Quad Cab with Auto so I can haul heavy cars to the track like the NSX..

A fairly recent with low miles can be had for 30K or so.

i dont think the srt10 truck is made to tow.....

its made for "speed"

its like the F 150 lighting... suppose to be quick but aint rated to tow.

I would not waste your money on it. i would get a Nissan Titan.

I have one and it tows everything of mine with flying colors.

My boat, my car trailer with car, my 6000lb dyno trailer with dyno.

pretty awesome.

also you get japanese reliability and a 6500 rpm redline + you can pick one up with 60k miles for about 15k.:biggrin:

I'd get a used Tundra, the model before they made them ugly (or a new one if you like the current styling). They can tow a lot and are about as reliable as your Tacoma.

Using a Ram SRT as a "truck" is about like towing a jetski with your NSX.

actually, the srt-10 quad cab is designed to tow, and has the towing capacity of a regular 1500, the regular cab was not "designed" to tow heavy equipment per say, but alot of people use them to do the smaller things like jet skis.

actually, the srt-10 quad cab is designed to tow, and has the towing capacity of a regular 1500, the regular cab was not "designed" to tow heavy equipment per say, but alot of people use them to do the smaller things like jet skis.

Exactly, I'm interested in the Quad Cab with Auto. It can tow 8,000+ lbs! That's more than 2 NSX's!

http://www.asiansonwheels.com/article.php?id=137

my friend/neighbor is a viper nut. he has the older viper, a newer viper srt-10, and also the viper truck - quad cab auto. he gets about 5-7 miles per gallon. whenever i see him driving it's either to a gas station, or leaving a gas station. next destination...gas station. :biggrin:

I like the truck but I don't believe it's made to pull a car trailer like others have said above me.

If you really want something fast and torquey, get a diesel. You'll love how easy it is to pull vehicles and other heavy loads around. With a custom programmer on a stock 6.0 Ford Powerstroke, they'll run 13 seconds! Plus you'll probably get like 16 mpgs while towing too. The cummins engine can get up to 25 mpg with light driving and a certain programmer but...I don't like dudges :). I do on the other hand like the new tundras but I heard the bed can't hold nothing compared to the other lightweights.

My brother actually just traded hid Srt-10, quad cab to a place here in East Brunswick N.J.. The truck is charcoal. I believe the mileage is around 10,000. P.M. me and I will give you my brothers phone number so he can answer any questions you might have and also give you the number to freedom autosale. Frank

A car can tow jet ski's....:rolleyes:

A car can tow jet ski's....:rolleyes:

That's correct sir, but I was informing anyone who may have asked a dodge tech if they could tow, because they will state they can not tow ANYTHING*not even a jet ski*; and I was just pointing out this is false. They actually can tow, but towing heavy loads with the 6 speed tranny will tear it up, thus why the quad cab(which has a decent towing ability) does not have the 6 speed tranny offered.

I drove an SRT-10 around for about a day and got about 11-13mpg; that isn't too much worse than my ext.

That's correct sir, but I was informing anyone who may have asked a dodge tech if they could tow, because they will state they can not tow ANYTHING*not even a jet ski*; and I was just pointing out this is false. They actually can tow, but towing heavy loads with the 6 speed tranny will tear it up, thus why the quad cab(which has a decent towing ability) does not have the 6 speed tranny offered.

I drove an SRT-10 around for about a day and got about 11-13mpg; that isn't too much worse than my ext.

SRT-10 = Man's truck

Escalade = Soccer mom

I'd say go for it!
i dont think the srt10 truck is made to tow.....

its made for "speed"

its like the F 150 lighting... suppose to be quick but aint rated to tow.

I would not waste your money on it. i would get a Nissan Titan.

I have one and it tows everything of mine with flying colors.

My boat, my car trailer with car, my 6000lb dyno trailer with dyno.

pretty awesome.

also you get japanese reliability and a 6500 rpm redline + you can pick one up with 60k miles for about 15k.:biggrin:
Of course it can tow, hell, the viper can tow your NSX for you. 500hp, 520lb ft torque in an automatic quad cab? -Alright!

But then again: you can get more torque from chipping a quad cab turbodiesel and it would probably cost you the same.

SRT-10 = Man's truck

Escalade = Soccer mom

Different strokes for different folks...I got the ext, over the SRT-10 because I like the exterior looks of an Escalade over a Ram, and the interior, well their is no comparison Escalade wins hands down; if I want to go fast I figured that's why I have my bikes.

My vote - 2004+ Range Rover. Goes anywhere, super comfortable, can tow just about anything within reason, auto load balancing suspension, etc.. Around town mileage is about 13.5 - hwy is around 17.5-19

Back