• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does $400 seem right for removal, sand, paint for front spoiler?

I was going to get my front spoiler painted since some of the paint near the tow hook is cracking. The spoiler itself seems fine. I just wanted the cracks fixed so that I could apply 3M film to the front end.
I took it to a local body shop which does a lot of Acuras, and Lexuses (Lexi?) and asked what they could do.
They recommended removing the entire spoiler, sanding it down, applying a 3-coat process, and baking the spoiler, then putting it back on. The color would be spa yellow metallic, and they have some experience working with it, as they have done a lot of work on yellow S2000s.
They estimated $400. It this about right? Does anyone know what the dealer would charge?
hmmm. maybe this is an opportunity to get an aftermarket front spoiler.

Thanks in advance.
Rick

doesnt seem entirely unreasonable given the amount of work there is to do. as far as what a dealership would charge, they wouldn't unless they had their own body shop (95% of dealerships around here dont). if they did, they would probably charge around the same as most other body shops in the area in my limited experience shopping around for that sort of shop.

I agree with robr.

Incidentally, the percentage of Acura dealers in the Chicago area that have their own body shop is 11 percent (one out of nine).

Back