• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does ABS need TCS to work?

I have not looked at later year schematics, but I know in 1991's the ABS system connects directly to the wheel speed sensors, then the ABS ECU feeds the TCS ECU. So no ABS/no TCS:).

Not sure it there is a reverse dependency.

Regards,
LarryB

My TCS control box was removed by the engine builder years ago when they built my motor. The builder said it was dangerous to leave it in because it could cut in at an inopportune time with a high HP car. I have heard my ABS pump operate on a few occasions since then but I never have been able to get the ABS to operate.

I'm wondering if the ABS is supposed to work without the TCS box installed, or if my ABS is defective and I should upgrade the ABS system, or if I the original ABS system is simply non-functional dead weight since the TCS box has been removed.

Any comments or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I have AEM EMS which deactivated the TCS. My NSX's ABS still function though. So I think the ABS functions independently of the TCS.

Back