• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anybody know this BB 91 at Sherway Acura?

I checked both nsx's out in November and December. I was told that the front hood was resprayed due to rock chips. It does have an aftermarket exhaust but i am not familiar with the make. I noticed two things on that particular car.

One is that the gas struts are shot on the glass top. I would think that should be an easy fix.

The second one made me question how it got there. On the drivers side rear trunk lid just in front of the spoiler there is a 4 to 5 inch blemish. Almost like the paint was polished off. Now how it got there. The only thing i can think of is this. When acura got the car they sent it out to have the hood resprayed, (salesman told me) then polished and waxed. Note the wax residue in the cars crevasses. That specific area on the body has raised contours or body lines and i would think the polisher polished too much. But if it was not done by the polisher then maybe the car was repainted but i don't know. definitely a blemish that would bother me, especially on a black car.

As far as the price, i think they are asking too much. IF the economy was good then maybe. I will tell you this though. I was looking at the red 91 there and while talking with one of the Prime members that came with me to check it out, i told the salesman that i would not pay 36K for the red one. The red one was selling for 41 900 at christmas. I said that to feel the salesman out. the sales man said "if i sell it to you right now for 35k will you buy it?" I did not want to drop 40k when christmas was coming and i did not want to jump too quickly. But if i had said yes, i wonder if he would have gotten the paper work out. So judging on how he reacted to me saying that i would also assume you can do the same. Low ball him. I bet you could get that for $35 000 easily. remember there is an even smaller market for the nsx due to the slumping economy so they too should be desperate to sell.

I checked both nsx's out in November and December. I was told that the front hood was resprayed due to rock chips. It does have an aftermarket exhaust but i am not familiar with the make. I noticed two things on that particular car.

One is that the gas struts are shot on the glass top. I would think that should be an easy fix.

The second one made me question how it got there. On the drivers side rear trunk lid just in front of the spoiler there is a 4 to 5 inch blemish. Almost like the paint was polished off. Now how it got there. The only thing i can think of is this. When acura got the car they sent it out to have the hood resprayed, (salesman told me) then polished and waxed. Note the wax residue in the cars crevasses. That specific area on the body has raised contours or body lines and i would think the polisher polished too much. But if it was not done by the polisher then maybe the car was repainted but i don't know. definitely a blemish that would bother me, especially on a black car.

As far as the price, i think they are asking too much. IF the economy was good then maybe. I will tell you this though. I was looking at the red 91 there and while talking with one of the Prime members that came with me to check it out, i told the salesman that i would not pay 36K for the red one. The red one was selling for 41 900 at christmas. I said that to feel the salesman out. the sales man said "if i sell it to you right now for 35k will you buy it?" I did not want to drop 40k when christmas was coming and i did not want to jump too quickly. But if i had said yes, i wonder if he would have gotten the paper work out. So judging on how he reacted to me saying that i would also assume you can do the same. Low ball him. I bet you could get that for $35 000 easily. remember there is an even smaller market for the nsx due to the slumping economy so they too should be desperate to sell.

as much as that may be true in some cases....
those 2 cars or 1 car is owned by the owners ... and im pretty sure they are not desperate to sell

Really? i didn't know that. I don't know if it was the red one or the black one but on autotrader they said it was a trade in on a newer nsx. i just assumed both were sherways. Well, the only thing you can do is make them an offer and go from there.

Thanks for the help. Yes I did notice the paint blemish. I actually looked through a binder full of hold reciepts, the car looks like it was maintained. The BB 91 with the 7 spoke rims was traded in by the owner for a newer NSX, from what I was told by the sales rep. 35k?? Hmm, I would consider that if they got that blemish fixed.

There is another 91 BB up at the Acura dealer in Brampton. Its not advertised, but its owned by the mechanic there, $42000 firm, he said. Go check that one out if you are interested. It has "Go Wide" stickers on the back window.

There are two NSX's at Sherway...

The Red is in very good shape, however, TB and WP need to be done on that car. This car is also a single owner car.

The Black one have some issues with the paint, and generally not as in good shape as the Red.

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Back