• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone know of a chip available for the '02-'03 nsx?

i know there is one available for earlier years, but i haven't seen one for the '02-'03s. thanks.

Originally posted by mikescg:
i know there is one available for earlier years, but i haven't seen one for the '02-'03s. thanks.

I was talking to the service manager at Greenwich Acura yesterday (making my 02's first 1k check-up)and we spoke about a couple of mods. There is currently no chip for the 02-03 as the OEM has got it all covered. He says that the quickest mod for 20rwhp gain would be headers and exhaust. FYI

Originally posted by cpmoran:
I thought that the 20whp gain is only for the 91 to 96?

according to the head service tech, whom I've known for 15 years (he knows his stuff), that would be on a new 02-03 as well

Hmmm - before I plunked down $5k on headers and exhaust + labor I would ask to see a dyno.
When most people say they want HP - they really are looking for more torque and / or better overall acceleration. The 3.2 headers / exhaust are pretty good and I would just want to make sure

1) you are not loosing horsepower or torque
2) you are actually gaining horsepower or torque
3) the power is over a broad RPM range

I would hate to see someone drop 5 large and loose power from 1,000 - 6,000 RPMs but then pick up power from 6,000 to 8,000 RPMs but actually have the same or slower times to 60 or in the 1/4 mile.

Please hold your flames as obviously some of these solutions are good and I don't know exactly what you are contemplating.

[This message has been edited by matteni (edited 07 March 2003).]

Back