• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone know the best way to get out of a lease?

I have a 2003 Lexus IS300 and I have 2 years left on the lease. Paying $456 / month + $150 / month insurance... at the moment I'd like to be able to save some $ as I just got out of the hospital 6 months ago...

Any ideas?? Let me know! It's already posted on www.swapalease.com but hardly any bites there yet *sigh*

thanks,
-electro

Another web site is leasetrader. You can always get a payoff as well from your lease company. But your typically in a lease for 75% of the term before you are no longer upside down.

Find out the lease payoff. Depending on your credit, you may then trade into another car and roll over the majority of the negative balance into your next loan. Happens all of the time.

My credit is aweful... i didnt have insurance when i was in the hospital... so im grossly in debt so yea thats not an option.. I love this car but its just too expensive for now.... I'm planning on filing for bankruptcy to take care of my debt (over $80k in hospital bills) and my ex GF is the primary on the lease... so im trying to get rid of it b4 the bankruptcy....

any ideas on what will happen to her credit if i dont get rid of it b4 the bankruptcy?

Just curious...

Thanks,
-electro

Back