• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone know this car? JH4NA1268WT000005

98 Blue NSX-T listed on eBay with the comment:

After inspection, it looks like there was some p[r]ior damage repaired on this vehicle. Therefore vehicle is being sold with a clear F.L title branded rebuilt.

Any information would be greatly appreciated (blue, of course, is my wife's favorite color :D )

Thanks for the pointer, I hadn't found that page.

A darn shame... :(

The seller indicates that the drivers side door and rear fender are the only panels not in "excellent" shape... I wonder if he was hit broadside or spun it...

Don't let a salvage title scare you off. I bought my car with a salvage title (even though i was led to believe it had a small minor accident in the front end) and the car is fine. Runs great, low miles, all service records. Only bad thing is i paid way way way to close to full price for the car, but my lawyers are taking care of that as we speak.

If saving 10k is worth it to you, take the car! have someoen professional look at it first though to make sure the car won't fold on you in an accident or anything.

Other than that, get what YOU will enjoy. 10K savings=BBSC in my book! :D

No Im not the current owner but yes its the same car on my site with different rims.Ive owned the car a few times and know it well.

The fact that it's a salvage doesn't scare me, but it does make me wary.

Add to that the fact that it appears on eBay as a 10 day listing which doesn't give one much time to do DD. Through other sales by the seller, I have determined that he is a dealer in Hollywood, FL. But I don't have much beyond that.

The sellers own information seems to imply that the car was hit broadside on the drivers side door/rear quarter (those panels being noted as "good" rather than "excellent" condition.

The repeat performances on eBay, as well as ERZ's comment that he's owned it "a few times" seem to indicate that the car is a tough sell. On the other hand, the color, mileage, age, and price are in the right ballpark for me (I don't give a crap about the $4K stereo however... waste of good money IMHO)... Assuming that the car drives like an undamaged vehicle, and was repaired to factory specs.

ERZ, you state you know the car well... What can you tell me about it? Did you arrange the original repair? If so, what kind of work was done?

You can PM me if you'd prefer the information kept confidential.

I think 10 day ebay auction is the max allowed??And I have to agree the stereo is a waste of money but neither the less there..I will tell you one thing ..you will go deaf in this car if you play it loud.The car is just as good as any other NSX ..you cant tell the car was damaged ..Auto cars are a hard sale.. the car was hit in right rear after a spin out and fixed correctly .After the body repair the trans was found to have a crack and repaired ..however the repair, leaked oil and the car had a brand new trans installed by Acura. At this point the car was totalled after a $6000 tranny job ..thats why it had a salvage title . I sold the car originally after it was damaged to a person in NJ who drove the car for 2 years ..he got bored of the car and traded back to me for a 2000 993 cab Porsche and $ .I used the car as my personal car for a year and traded it to the current owner in FL.

Attachments

• mvc-003s14.jpg
    mvc-003s14.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 330
Great info. I think many times what scares people off of cars like this is the unknown... not knowing what happened to it or how extensive the damage was.

Since you see so many salvage and damaged NSXs it would be great if you could find the time to share pictures of the damage before they are put back together and maybe a brief explanation of what happened to the car. I think that would make a lot of potential buyers more comfortable.

If nothing else, a list of salvage NSX VIN numbers you run across would be much appreciated.

I agree... Great Info. And can I just say ouch! :eek: It looks about like my MR-2 did after getting hit in approximately the same location...

Thanks for the history, and the photo, that is is the kind of information that makes it easier to think salvage. Just to be sure I understand... the car was totalled due to the cost of the tranny job (in addition to the original repair cost I assume?)

Re: eBay... You're probably right... I've never done more on eBay than look. It wasn't a criticism as much as just an observation.

Time to revive this one. Looks like the car just wasn't meant to exist.....

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=3462044

17512331.jpg

17512332.jpg

17512333.jpg

17512334.jpg

17512335.jpg

17512337.jpg

Back