• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone know what color is on this JDM NSX?

I know there were many different white pearls offered on examples in Japan. Is anyone here confident that they know exactly which 1 this is? I haven't been able to find examples of all these:
NH545P: Neutron White Pearl
NH565: Grand Prix White
NH609P: Platinum White Pearl
NH0: Championship White

1000004347.jpg1000004348.jpg1000004346.jpg1000004345.jpg1000004344.jpg1000004349.jpg1000004351.jpg1000004350.jpg

Last edited:
nope

neutron is cool

Neutron

Photos combined with LCD / LED screens are a really unreliable way to guess at colours. I can adjust the hues on my screen to get whatever I want. The specs list it as pearl which suggest Neutron or Platinum. If you could find the production data you could find out what paint codes were available in 2003. You could also try sending an email to the vendor asking if they could provide the code from the door sticker.

Photos combined with LCD / LED screens are a really unreliable way to guess at colours. I can adjust the hues on my screen to get whatever I want. The specs list it as pearl which suggest Neutron or Platinum. If you could find the production data you could find out what paint codes were available in 2003. You could also try sending an email to the vendor asking if they could provide the code from the door sticker.
I tried that. Apparently they sold it even though it was just listed. I'm sure that website is a scam based on their reviews. I've just never liked a color soo much. Bases on what I've searched its between Platinum Pearl and Championship White. I'd really like to know so I can repaint an NSX the creamiest of the off-white OEM pearls.

NH609P: Platinum White Pearl is a pure white like GPW but with pearl flakes in it.

NH545P: Neutron White Pearl is an off white like Champ with pearl.

Both pearls can look like a light silver in certain light.

NH609P: Platinum White Pearl is a pure white like GPW but with pearl flakes in it.

NH545P: Neutron White Pearl is an off white like Champ with pearl.

Both pearls can look like a light silver in certain light.
Based on what I've seen online, Neutron White appears to be more white than Platinum. So it's pretty confusing to read them described as the opposite. Does anyone have pics to compare them all? I'm surprised there isn't a thread about how they compare.

because in the US we only got one white...

because in the US we only got one white...
The documentation on the JDM NSX colors is pretty disappointing considering how long they've been around. We import them and yet we don't have visual comparisons of the colors. I mean it's been around for over 20 years lol

Based on what I've seen online, Neutron White appears to be more white than Platinum. So it's pretty confusing to read them described as the opposite. Does anyone have pics to compare them all? I'm surprised there isn't a thread about how they compare.
Reach out to the NSX Club of Japan or T3TEC- they might be able to help. The pearl whites were never offered in the states, so we have no real resource for comparison. You can also go to Route KS instagram- Kwai has Tsuchiya's NSX-R stored in the shop. That car was re-painted Neutron White after he crashed it at Ebisu while filming Hot Version. There are some good hi-res photos of it and it's pretty close to the original Champ White, just with pearl.

yep my CTR was such,,,by our American standards it would be called a flat white.

white nsxs.jpg

I have made this diagram to show the differences in whites, with real NSX-Rs.

Championship White is an NSX-R only color. NSX-Rs can come in other colors than Championship White, but no base grade will be Championship White. It is a special NSX-R color.

To give more context

NH545P Neutron White Pearl: Available between 1991-1997
NH565 Grand Prix White: Available between 1993-2005
NH609P Platina White Pearl: Available only in 1997
NH0 Championship White: Available for 1993-1995 and 2002-2005 NSX-R only.

Hope this helps.

I've since determined that the color was Platinum White Pearl. I now know what color I must have! :)

@veilsidesfinest
Original photo in Fukuoka, Japan.
AT model.
Side sill plate looked to be the ‘Custom Order Plan’ one.
Doesn’t look like any custom configurations done for the interior so must be on the exterior.
Wheel colour looked to be standard.
Coupe model and the roof in black so the original owner decided not to change it to the same colour as the body panel.
For the face lifted model, the Grand Prix White was the only white one available as the standard body colour.
Within the Custom Order Plan, Platinum White Pearl was the only white one available.

Thus, most likely and as you already mentioned, it's Platinum White Pearl.

Kaz

Back