• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

does anyone know where to connect the signal wire for a dyno?

I attempted to do a dyno a few days ago and was having some problems locating a signal wire. Should I remove the plug cover thing? Or there is a wire lupe by the throttle body that gives a signal but that is what we had trouble with.
Also any suggestion on the gear to use. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, would 2nd have more power? being a lower gear..
thank you in advance for all suggestions.

Most dynos use an inductive loop that can be placed anywhere along the top of the engine. If your dyno vendor could not figure this out I would consider another shop. Same with gearing - you should be in fourth gear for this.

NSX is a real PITA to get a reliable signal. If you look at the throttle body and go inwards about 6 inches, there is a 3" length of wire loop along the coil feed wires that you can place the pickup around to get a good signal.

There's also a tach service port to the right side of the engine near the right side inlet.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Soichiro,

Does it matter much if the Dyno-ship used 3rd instead of 4th gear. Apart from the obvious shift in the graph when plotting speed versus RPM that is of course.

HP / TQ / Gears

2nd, 3rd, 4th, would 2nd have more power? being a lower gear.

HP is not a function of gear selection.....resultant torque to the rear wheels is.

Back