• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does the 2000-2003 6 Spd Tranny Have Problems?

Acura of Peoria (Phoenix) has really good prices. I got all of my OEM 02-05 facelift parts through them and they were great. Ask for Tim. He's their internet sales guy.

If you've got a clutch that works with the 5spd dual spline shaft (which all of them are) then it will NOT work with a stock 6spd. You will have to modify your 6spd.

[MENTION=3729]Larry Bastanza[/MENTION] have you heard of this bud?

I mentioned the NSX-R mainshaft, but I deleted that post a minute ago since I need to check about that being used in a 6 speed. Not 100% sure it will work. I will post back once I confirm.

Regards,
LarryB

I'm pretty sure you're correct Larry. The NSX-R 6 spd dual spline main shaft is needed in the OEM 6spd to use the 5 spd clutches.

Let us know what you find.

I'm not sure where the OP is getting his info from.

I mentioned the NSX-R mainshaft, but I deleted that post a minute ago since I need to check about that being used in a 6 speed. Not 100% sure it will work. I will post back once I confirm.

Regards,
LarryB

Jason,

i'm not 100% sure but I believe all single disk clutches designed for the 5spd (i.e. clutchmasters) have to use the dual spline input shaft. Though, I think you're also right where all dual disc clutches have to use the dual spline shaft.

Just because the clutch is single disc, it doesn't mean it will work with the 5spd. We're probably saying the same thing.

[MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] yes you are probably right. Since the question arose here regarding a Comptech clutch, and that clutch is a single-disc clutch that works with a 5-speed, I figured all single disc clutches would also work with a 5-speed. I thought the only real difference between the two shafts was the length of splines, so I'm not sure why any single-disc wouldn't work with the 5-speed.

Back