• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does the Downforce carbon engine cover from sos fit over supercharger and intercooler

Sorry, no engine cover that I am aware of fits over the supercher with the intercooler (with no intercooler, it is not an issue). The assembly is 1.3" taller, which is taller than the engine covers are made to clear. We haven't had enough interest from custoemrs to make a custom engine cover since most customers want to show off their engine bay.

-- Chris

Hi guys, i want to know if the downforce carbon engine cover from sos fits over the sos supercharger and laminova intercooler?
thanks

I looked into some options mine is SOS S/C'd and being intercooled now but I don't think there is anything that fits that is already being produced. You could always try to get someone to make a custom one. I originally wanted to have the cover in place for the Targa but then realized the Targa fits in an almost empty truck flipped over on the roof side wrapped in a thicker blanket... plus the engine bay looks better with out it :biggrin:

I have been going down this road for the last few months after having the SOS-SC & Intercooler mods done to my 04. The look of the exposed engine simply is not clean enough for the car in my opinion.

I can confirm (after buying one to try) that the Jetz Racing F430 Style cover will NOT clear the extra 1.3". However, I have a body shop looking at trimming it and re-setting the mesh. This is the sexiest look I have seen yet and should be a big hit for those Batman fans out there...

JREC01-6lg.jpg

I have been going down this road for the last few months after having the SOS-SC & Intercooler mods done to my 04. The look of the exposed engine simply is not clean enough for the car in my opinion.

I can confirm (after buying one to try) that the Jetz Racing F430 Style cover will NOT clear the extra 1.3". However, I have a body shop looking at trimming it and re-setting the mesh. This is the sexiest look I have seen yet and should be a big hit for those Batman fans out there...

JREC01-6lg.jpg

I don't understand the point of that cover. Makes no sense to me.

Sorry, no engine cover that I am aware of fits over the supercher with the intercooler (with no intercooler, it is not an issue). The assembly is 1.3" taller, which is taller than the engine covers are made to clear. We haven't had enough interest from custoemrs to make a custom engine cover since most customers want to show off their engine bay.

-- Chris

I'd be very interested in this, loosing my targa storage is the only thing keeping me from getting the laminova I/C.

-- Chris
If i can't find one i will probably modify the factory cover.
Chris if you ever make them i would definently get one.

-- Chris

I want one.

If you just want the rear hatch to seal better, you can do something like Gruppe M and take a standard NSXR cover and just remove the mesh insert and let it act like a frame:
n690446223_623343_3727.jpg

Back