• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Done: Drink holder for the NSX

Here it is! This is a shot of the new NSX drink holder. It is made in stainless steel. It is designed to hold a can of soda, cup of coffee, small bottle of water, what ever. With trying to get it out of the way from the e-brake, this is the final design I landed on.

Installation is easy! It just slides in between the center console and the side of the dash. No drilling or damage to the car! Due to the location, it is not designed for a real heavy drink, so you will need to use your best judgment. The design is sleek, and very complimenting to the interior. If not needed, just slide it out and put it in the trunk, or under the front edge of the pass. seat.

I can get these delivered in the US for $35.00 shipped.

We are in production. I hope to be shipping by the 3rd week in January. I prefer sending of cash or check if needed. I have a limited paypal account to use, BUT VERY LIMITED!!!! No credit cards!!!

Here is a NEW pic:
As you can see, the e-brake is clear!
10555New_cup_holder.JPG

10555New_cup_holder_2.JPG

Last edited:
Re: DONE!! Drink holder for the NSX!

with all due respect, isnt your solution identical to this? all you would need to do is bend over the top tab. these are $30 shipped. These have a felt liner on the inside also.
http://ultimatecupholders.com/

Last edited:

WOODY said:
with all due respect, isnt your solution identical to this? all you would need to do is bend over the top tab. these are $30 shipped. These have a felt liner on the inside also.
http://ultimatecupholders.com/

No! On that one there is NO BOTTOM to hold the drink. That design sits on the floor! Also, the arms are to low at the top of the can or drink. This makes it easy for the drink to fall over. Give me a little credit :biggrin: I did a lot of research and 7 different mock up designs to get this one!!

I was only trying to fill a NEED for this community. After ordering a cup holder designed for this car and waiting 4 1/2 months to never receive the product, I decided to make one for YOU ALL!! I was lucky enough that another member sent me one he had, so I could see how it worked.

I instantly saw the flaws with that design, so, I am now glad that I never received the one I ordered! I would have been left with the bill, the owner never would have paid me for it!!

This is an original design for this car, and I guess universal for others as well, I would have to see. The price is where it is due to the cost of the SS, laser cutting, computer design, forming, and finishing. That is why the quantity needs to be high, to get the cost down.

I'll take one as well!

1. CL65 Captain
2. Ryan1926

That would be:
1. PoohBear
2. CL65 Captain
3. Ryan1926
4. ShiftyBob

I chose not to go with a felt liner on the inside cup holder part due to the fact that if the drink drips, the felt will get NASTY :biggrin: There will be a protective barrier where the holder goes on the edge of the console to protect the leather.

1. PoohBear
2. CL65 Captain
3. Ryan1926
4. ShiftyBob
5. Alient
6. Bodhi
7. Nathan
8. VBNSX

1. PoohBear
2. CL65 Captain
3. Ryan1926
4. ShiftyBob
5. Alient
6. Bodhi
7. Nathan
8. VBNSX
9. Hal_396

1. PoohBear
2. CL65 Captain
3. Ryan1926
4. ShiftyBob
5. Alient
6. Bodhi
7. Nathan
8. VBNSX
9. Hal_396
10. Senninha (if you will ship to UK)

regards

Count me in.

Paypal available?

Onsoku said:
Count me in.

Paypal available?

1. PoohBear
2. CL65 Captain
3. Ryan1926
4. ShiftyBob
5. Alient
6. Bodhi
7. Nathan
8. VBNSX
9. Hal_396
11. Onsoku

No pp now, I am trying to get a friends to use. Guys are sending cash, for such a small amount, or sending a check.

I'm in. Does the price change if you don't get the 80-100 orders?

SoCalDude said:
I'm in. Does the price change if you don't get the 80-100 orders?

No, if the numbers are not hit, I will take a HUGE loss. The cost of these will not cover R&D, material, CNC layout, manufacturing, finishing, forming and packing & shipping.

I am in manufacturing already. I hope to have the parts in hand in 1 week or so. With Christmas and New Years, I hope to be able to ship out BEFORE the break for guys that have sent cash or check.

I did this due to the fact that there was nothing available. Not that worked well and you would actually get once you ordered it! I work to improve the community for all :smile:

1. PoohBear
2. CL65 Captain
3. Ryan1926
4. ShiftyBob
5. Alient
6. Bodhi
7. Nathan
8. VBNSX
9. Hal_396
11. Onsoku
12. SoCalDude

Hal,

I'll take two (2), and a check will go out to you in tomorrow's mail. Thanks!

Philippe

Back