• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Door ding!! Rats!!

Hey people,

Okay, it finally happened. Some knucklehead who doesn't know how to open a freakin' car door gave a nice little dimple to my passenger door. It's not as bad as could be, since it doesn't look like the paint got screwed up. As such, I'm hoping one of those paintless dent repair places can help me.

Does anyone in the SAN DIEGO area know of any local shops that have worked on an NSX? Suggestions anyone?

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1997 Integra GS-R 4-dr
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey

FURY,
Please private me, John
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Just Dings at the corner of Convoy and Aero, in Clairemont, worked on my old NSX. They did a wonderful job. You can't even tell where the ding was. Sorry I don't have their number handy. I hope this helps.

Raymond
01 996 TT
00 Viper GTS (For Sale)
98 GS400
99 RX300
99 Expedition EB

Y'know what people, the NSX community is one awesome, kick ass group! I'm glad to be a part of it.

Thanks for all the help and input.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1997 Integra GS-R 4-dr
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 12 May 2001).]

I second the motion. I have used "Just Dings" on Convoy in the Clairmont area of SD, and they have an older experienced guy (named Bill or Bob?) who knows how to work aluminum sheet metal, which has very different distensibility properties from steel. This guy knows his business. They normally charge about $60, but for aluminum they get more, maybe $100 per ding. He knows how to move metal without breaking brittle paint. Best luck.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

I have a great guy in O.C. Just make sure they don't drill a hole in your door sill, to get to the ding, and fill it with a plastic plug when their finished. There are a lot of hacks that do that.

As far as door dings, WATCH OUT FOR KIDS they dont know any better.

dvkim
94 NSX Black/Tan

After picking up my new Boxster (thank god I bought that ticket) I have started parking waaaaaaaay out in the middle of no-mans land. My girlfriend calls it the "Jenny Craig Walk". Keeps your doors in tip-top shape, and helps get you in better shape
smile.gif

------------------
2001 Porsche Boxster
1997 Mustang GT (selling)
1995 Mustang V6 (selling)
Dreams of Future NSX

Jester,
You will soon realize that is doesn't matter where you park. YOU ARE NEVER SAFE. Just yesterday I went to the grocery store and made my own parking space at the end of the parking lot. It was a blank section of asphalt with no lines safe from other passing vehicles. When I came out a green mini-van had also made his own parking space right next to me. There were probably 15 open spaces in a row that were closer to the store and he/she parked on the opposite side of me farther away than I was. I don't get it. I often think I'm better off leaving my NSX on my driveway and walking to the store since I park so far away from the store to begin with.

My saying is, "If you park it, they will come."

By the way, Congrats on winnig the Boxster.

[This message has been edited by Chris W (edited 14 May 2001).]

Chris W,

I here ya' on that matter, brudda. What is it with people sometimes? There can be tons of open spaces, but they'll park their car right next to another car, even with the driver's side closest to the first car.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1997 Integra GS-R 4-dr
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey

I too have noticed this strange phenomonon. You will see people drive around for 45 minutes trying to get a closer spot to the door, then finally give up and park 30 spaces away from the closest spot and next to your car...go figure.

------------------
2001 Porsche Boxster
1997 Mustang GT (selling)
1995 Mustang V6 (selling)
Dreams of Future NSX

I've used Just Dings in Kearny Mesa for some older vehicles that I've since sold, a VTEC Prelude and M3. However, I recently purchased a Toyo 4Runner which had a ding in the rear tailgate. The dealer had their contracted guy remove the ding while I waited. I was so impressed by his attention to detail that I inquired about working on my '95 NSX-T. He came to my home and did an excellent job by removing dents on three panels and only charged me $75! I would use this guy over Just Dings. Contact CLIFF's Paintless Dent Removal via his pager at 619-918-2444 (as he's mobile). You can mention my name and my BLACK NSX, and should be all set, good luck.

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
Hey people,

Okay, it finally happened. Some knucklehead who doesn't know how to open a freakin' car door gave a nice little dimple to my passenger door. It's not as bad as could be, since it doesn't look like the paint got screwed up. As such, I'm hoping one of those paintless dent repair places can help me.

Does anyone in the SAN DIEGO area know of any local shops that have worked on an NSX? Suggestions anyone?

I have gotten some request on the door ding guy I use in Orange County. Here you go;

Dent Solutions
Dan Rhodes
949-888-7335

Hope this helps.....

Dvkim,

What are typical prices that Dent Solutions charges?? I've got about 2 dings on each side of my car that I need to get rid of...

Thanks,

Huy

Anyone know of a place in atlanta for dings?? i dont want to go to the car stero / ding repair place as i'd be afraid they'd drill holes in my car...

any ideas?

Door dings are the worst. Sometimes its best to park at a store with those "sideways" parking. Its harder to ding a car when the parking spaces are sideways. Always park next to a curb; at least it reduces your chance of getting a door dings by 50% since only one side is exposed. In parking garages there is usually several spaces that are marked differently or none at all. You can park in those spaces close to a wall or corner. If you angle your car, even if someone parks next to you and swings open their door they wont touch your NSX. Petty advice but at least it can help some.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BladesNSX (edited 19 May 2001).]

Back