• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Door Trim and Center Console Swap with 2002+?

Hello,

I'm a new owner, and I've done a bit of searching here (and elsewhere) and can't seem to find an answer. I'm looking to fix the damage the P/O did to the interior trim pieces of my NSX. Unfortunately the Center Console is fairly well destroyed so that he could put a cheap stereo in. Does anyone here know if a 2002+ center console will fit an earlier model year? Mine is '93. I know that the color will not be exact, I may have it painted to match. I'm also considering just going all 2002+ on the interior trim pieces (door trim, AC vent, center console) so that I don't have to paint anything. Unfortunately Honda no longer sells any of these parts for early model years.

Thanks.

Last edited:
"2nd gen" is a 2017 NSX

2002-2005 NSX has silver console and trim and it contains metal film unerneath, the color cannot be replicated or matched by paint.

If you have a 2003 car you need a 2002-2005 console. They are very rare and very expensive. I have 3 now. I may let one go, but I am not looking to give it away.

"2nd gen" is a 2017 NSX

2002-2005 NSX has silver console and trim and it contains metal film unerneath, the color cannot be replicated or matched by paint.

If you have a 2003 car you need a 2002-2005 console. They are very rare and very expensive. I have 3 now. I may let one go, but I am not looking to give it away.

Apologies, I was referring to the 2002 facelift as 2nd gen. I'll update the thread title accordingly (if I can). The 2002+ center console and trim pieces are for sale at honda dealerships, so I was expecting to order one from them. I'm not attempting to match the paint of the later model years, my car is a 1993, I'm looking to replace the broken console from the 93. My primary question is whether the 2002+ trim pieces will fit the 1993 car (including the regulator buttons, stereo, AC ducting, etc.).

Yes they will fit. You said your car was an 03 which was confusing. You meant "93". Dealer price will be expensive. Like $1600 I think. It's crazy. They all fit the same only color is different on the 2002-2005

Yes they will fit. You said your car was an 03 which was confusing. You meant "93". Dealer price will be expensive. Like $1600 I think. It's crazy. They all fit the same only color is different on the 2002-2005

Gah! Sorry, got my decades mixed up. Yea my car is 1993.

Agreed that the dealership price will be insane - however I'm not liking my odds of finding a used center console before 2002 that isn't in bad shape (there is one currently for sale that's pretty gross and is asking a lot). I have a messed up door trim piece and a busted center console. The door trim piece may be salvageable if I can peel the plating off of it and have it painted to match. Not sure how well that would work. I think my options are as follows:

- Replace center console, AC vent, door trim with 2002+ ($$$$)
- Replace center console, AC vent with 2002+ and paint door trim and just deal with mismatched colors ($$$)
- Buy 2002+ center console and have it painted black, paint door trim ($$)
- Paint door trim, hope to find a pre-2002 center console in good shape ($)

Is your 2002+ center console in good shape? Thanks for answering my question.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is an option, but if you are willing to go after-market, Pole2Flag has a group buy on full carbon fiber (not overlay) for much less than OEM. I'm expecting mine this week or next. It will be much less than 10oz, since I'm getting a Double DIN opening. Otherwise, I think he has a used OEM for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the thread for the CF center consoles:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/192617-P2F-Type-R-Style-Carbon-Center-Console

Here is his used OEM center console for sale:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/193569-OEM-Center-Console

We will have OEM center consoles very shortly in both carbon and FRP finish as well as our double din designs.

Check out website or PM us!

www.euroboutique.us

- - - Updated - - -

Fitment is spot on OEM:

danoff did say his car is a 93. Read it again.

I replaced the aftermarket fake carbon fiber center console in my 1991 that was installed by a previous owner. I couldn't find the black center console that was original, so went with a brand new OEM silver console from the 2002+ cars. It fits perfectly, but wasn't cheap. I would have preferred to source an original black center console but they are really hard to come by in good shape at this point.

Interesting! Will the FRP finish version be an exact OEM replica? My console finish shows a bit of wrinkling, I can see this bothering me a little over time...

FRP = Fiberglass reinforced plastic and the finish is a primed finish ready for paint. It is NOT designed to be used in that finish. As you know and many here have said, there are multiple colors for the NSX interiors depending on what year you have thus we cannot nor do we offer any paint services. It's advised you get it painted locally to get best paint match.

Interesting! Will the FRP finish version be an exact OEM replica? My console finish shows a bit of wrinkling, I can see this bothering me a little over time...

I'm having my passenger door trim repainted. They're peeling the plating off and re-spraying to match. I'll update the thread with how that goes.

They finished painting it and I think it matches pretty well. They peeled it for me before painting it. I think in the end the price is going to end up around $250.

Edit: I should say that the one on the left is a brand new Acura OEM part, and the one on the right is the painted one.

Attachments

• IMG_20160425_134815.jpg
    IMG_20160425_134815.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
attachment.php

I had most of the plastic pieces painted and purchased an aftermarket console and also painted the same gloss black. I am very happy with the results and saved $

Attachments

• IMG_2645.jpg
    IMG_2645.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 390
Great! I'm sure many owners are looking for a solution to the wrinkling trim pieces...

How's the fit on aftermarket console parts? I'm surprised that none of these aftermarket parts aren't offered with an OEM color option...

Great! I'm sure many owners are looking for a solution to the wrinkling trim pieces...

How's the fit on aftermarket console parts? I'm surprised that none of these aftermarket parts aren't offered with an OEM color option...

NSX OEM dash trim color can vary depending on model year. Also as they age, the paint will fade in some cases so it's always best to do the paint matching by a local body shop. Pre-painted pieces would be very hard to match and the added cost would be passed on to the buyer in those cases. Our FRP dash pieces come primered and ready to paint. The carbon fiber panels are ready to install with no work needed. Pick and chose what works best for you.

We will be offering dash trim panels in these flavors:

a) OEM NSX Dash Panel for those who want to retain their stock radio

b) NSX Dash Panel with Double DIN in a slight beveled mount - retains OEM Ashtray

c) NSX Dash Panel with "angled" DD headunit that reduces glare, deletes OEM Ashtray

d) NSX Dash Panel NSX-R style "delete" for guys who do not plan to use a radio

Back