• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double Din and Single Din with the same bracket?

M-P

Experienced Member
I am wanting to install a single din monitor in my car (Kenwood KVT815-DVD) that I have had for years with the intent of upgrading to a new double din monitor in the future.

I called up SOS and asked if you can use a double din with the single din bracket or vise versa....they said no. My question is, what is stopping this and are there any modifications that can be done to one bracket or the other to accomodate both single and double din head units?

From what I recall, the only difference between the single and double din brackets is that the single din bracked is a couple of mounting points shorter (9 mounting points vs 11) and it comes with a lower mounting point to support the head unit.

With that in mind it seems that you would be able to use a single din bracket to mount a single din or a double din headunit by removing the mounting bracket from the bottom.

Back