• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double Din Install help

I'm looking at going with a double din and stock amps and speakers. I'm going with the SOS wire harness that is recommended for my application. I have never done anything with the radio so I'm a bit confused. The back of my double din looks like this.

Picture 4rad.jpg

Do I eliminate something here and install the wiring harness from SOS in it's place or does it go somewhere in between?

Thanks

Last edited:
The head unit should include, in addition, a connector that fits onto #3 ISO Cable and has bare wires sticking out the other end. You then solder THOSE (color matched) onto the corresponding bare wires in the SoS harness, whose connector then plugs into the wiring harness on the car. The RCA jacks on the SoS harness connect up to 11 - 12 Audio front out and 13 - 14 Audio rear out.

I'm looking at going with a double din and stock amps and speakers.
My SOS harness has one bare Orange wire coming out. Color matching with the after market headunit I'm left with two Orange wires labled "Illumination and reverse in" on the head unit. How would install the Orange wire from the SOS harness?
Thanks

Last edited:
Back