• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double Din Stock Look

Eclipse Nav install with eye matched paint to the ashtray...this is a 2003 model car

Attachments

• 100_4011.jpg
    100_4011.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,750
NSXTAR, What is the light below the ashtray for? Very nice installation.:)

Nice job!! very clean... so that's what it looks like complete!!

I'm in the process of doing the same... I also have the AVN2454... any tips? color? How did you get it so perfect...

TIA,
Jay

Looks great! Did you use the stock console or the Science of Speed one?

Hey All,

Some answers for you:

CoolNSX: the light is just part of the new viper 791XV alarm I had installed.

Tan: Glare is hit or miss...some days very sunny still looks perfecr...other days it is hazy...i originally had it mounted more upright....and glare was rarely an issue...but then to make it look more stock...it was remounted more flush...i think if you had a piece of tint on the windshield the whole issue of fading out would not be a problem...that dam sun.

Thonda: the model is eclipse avn2454...to match the paint they removed the ashtray and scanned it under their paint matching computer (custom body shop in my area) and then from there they compared it to the original...and made their own modifications as deemed necessary....the color is perfect but the texture does not feel as smoothe as oem.

Socaldude: I decided to use the stock console mainly becuase you could use the orginal cut at the top for a very straight leading edge...and i didnt want to re-attach all those pieces that come with the sos panel...there are quit a bit of tabs that you have to install, the the sos piece is very nice, just didnt want to do the extra work...and you can order a new oem piece for less than 500...so i passed

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I love it! But, a few questions...excuse my ignorance. How do you listen to music? How do you play CD's?

AND, how much $$$ are we talking? This is one of, if not, the best setups I've seen.

Regards,
- Z

NSX FOYOASS

Well the whole setup is touch screen...so you can either have the nav showing or the control panel...which changes when listening to the radio to CD or DVD...the face flips down and has 2 disc slots...one for the NAV and DVD and one for CD...works real well I watch music videos in there...very impressive to the passenger...the unit runs for 2300...install cost 750...you ought check out the eclipse (fusjitu ten) website...pretty much shows you all its features...and i have back up cam installed too...pretty cool to look at...the mic is set up right next to my exhaust...so the sound comes into the interior

Do you have any pics of it opened to receive a disc? Also, how do you get it to open? Do you push on part of the face or is there a touchscreen button?

nsxtar, do you run the eclipse with the
OEM BOSE system ?
looks really nice, just like from the factory

NSXSAN,

I orginally had the stock bose stuff in there with the new head unit...last month i put in a jl 75x4 amp and mb quarts....still working on putting in the sub...sounds better than stock though.

Back