• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downers Grove cruise night June 30

I'll be there. You guys can find me at the winery on Main.

DRZZZ said:
Anyone going tonight besides myself and Frank Oles. (my car is fixed:biggrin: )

Dave,

I did not see you there; I did see Sean when I was cruising through looking for parking. I never did find Sean after that but did connect with Frank and Cindy for dinner.:smile:

We need to workout the logistics of our rendezvous.:confused:

Rea's Chicken Basket, RT 83 & I55, has a car show/get together on Thursday nights. It is a much smaller venue but then we would be able to find each other.:rolleyes:

Woody, the new turbo NSX from Chicago, said he can not make Friday nights but is available during the week. I really want to get a look at this near 500 RWHP car; what do you think of doing a Thursday night get together?

Bob

Stacey ended up not feeling well, so we took off a little early. Maybe too much wine perhaps! :eek: :biggrin:

I agree with Bob, let's do something where we can sit down and eat together. I would like that.

Sean

Bob,

Man, I wish I would have known you guys were there. I cut my lawn anticipating rain all weekend, then watched TV (ie boring things).

My car was running lean. AFR was up to 13.6. Sound Performance "tuned" the car by putting the wideband sensor into the existing O2 sensor's hole, per Devin of AEM's recommendations. The fuel pressure regulator was then adjusted. I'm glad I found someone to tune cars out here in the suburbs. They primarily work on Toyota Supras, but also had Nissans in their shop (and Lexus). Final report: 331 hp and 218 tq :biggrin: (no headers yet, but ARK exhaust).

Have you ever been to the White Castle's in Downers Grove on Lemont Rd. and 75th Street? I always see tons of cars there at nite, but I haven't been in there yet. Maybe we can check it out some nite this summer.

Del Rae's also sounds good!

Dave

Bob Kenney said:
Dave,

I did not see you there; I did see Sean when I was cruising through looking for parking. I never did find Sean after that but did connect with Frank and Cindy for dinner.:smile:

We need to workout the logistics of our rendezvous.:confused:

Rea's Chicken Basket, RT 83 & I55, has a car show/get together on Thursday nights. It is a much smaller venue but then we would be able to find each other.:rolleyes:

Woody, the new turbo NSX from Chicago, said he can not make Friday nights but is available during the week. I really want to get a look at this near 500 RWHP car; what do you think of doing a Thursday night get together?

Bob

Are some of you guys going to be there most any Friday. I can show up this week........Steve

DRZZZ said:
Bob,

Man, I wish I would have known you guys were there. I cut my lawn anticipating rain all weekend, then watched TV (ie boring things).

My car was running lean. AFR was up to 13.6. Sound Performance "tuned" the car by putting the wideband sensor into the existing O2 sensor's hole, per Devin of AEM's recommendations. The fuel pressure regulator was then adjusted. I'm glad I found someone to tune cars out here in the suburbs. They primarily work on Toyota Supras, but also had Nissans in their shop (and Lexus). Final report: 331 hp and 218 tq :biggrin: (no headers yet, but ARK exhaust).

Have you ever been to the White Castle's in Downers Grove on Lemont Rd. and 75th Street? I always see tons of cars there at nite, but I haven't been in there yet. Maybe we can check it out some nite this summer.

Del Rae's also sounds good!

Dave

Dave,
Great news on your car!!
I am looking forward to a ride so I might feel the before and after difference.

I am willing to go anywhere we can find each other; Downers is good but crowded. This makes it difficult to find each other let alone trying to park together. The Friday night timing is good, it allows most of us to hang out longer.

Bob

needspeed said:
Are some of you guys going to be there most any Friday. I can show up this week........Steve

Steve,

It seems that Downers is becoming a regular event for most of us. :biggrin:

I live in the area and will drive through even if we have not planned to meet as a group.

It is often last minuet for me; I didn't plan on attending last week given I worked late; but I received a call from Frank at approximately 6:30 PM and decided to go. I arrived home after 7:00 to pick up the NSX and head for Downers.:biggrin:

I am planning on going this Friday; provided it is not raining and I have the passenger seat reinstalled.:rolleyes:

Feel free to give me a call anytime to check on plans.

Bob

Sorry guys, I'll be missing you all on Friday. I'm going up to Milwaukee to watch the Cubs lose that night! :frown: :tongue: :redface:

I'll show up and park over where I was the last time we got together. I think that is the North East lot by the tracks........Steve

Back