• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce - 2002+ Conversions

Hello everyone! I am now ready to offer the following conversion packages. Please keep in mind that this is the lowest price available to properly convert your NSX to 02 Spec. OEM parts are packaged at cost, and our parts are discounted, we also offer labor services that is unrivaled by anyone. In fact I am offering installation for such a low price that it can be done cheaper if you shipped me your car. When doing the installation, your car will be properly treated. There is no hammering or bending of anything. The only thing is the cutting of the headlight frame. I have a frame cover that will cover up the cut which will look clean. Remember we know the NSX inside and out. When we work on your car, your hardware (nuts and bolts) will not end up in the wrong places. I can attest that bodyshops strip the whole car down at once and frequently lose or misplace the original bolts or puts your fender bolts on your bumper and vice versa. All bolts will be individually mapped. If your hardware is already messed up I can do what I can to replace them so they are matched. All wiring will be done clean and sleeved. We offer attention to details. Nothing used is the cheap stuff, but if you want the cheap stuff I also have it available. I personally do not like PPG, but it is what 75% of the bodyshops in Southern California use. Diamont and Glasurit is what I would recommend. Installation is rated at 2 business days or less. Paint process is around 1 week or longer. Remember paint is ordered through our supplier Finishmaster, and it is all up to them to provide us the materials on a timely matter. If you want to get the paint done somewhere else that is fine, my install is still only $149.00. As I said before and I will repeat again in bold; There is no other place to get this done for a lower price! These prices will not be permanent.

Front Only - $4169.00: This is a front conversion package which consist of replacing the headlights, hood and front bumper only. Everything that is needed is included such as HID lights, brackets, seals and gaskets. Here is a quick run down of what is included. Bumper, Hood, Lip, Headlight Buckets (new DF Part), Headlight Frame Layover (new DF Part), Wiring and Sockets, New Honda Headlights, All Headlight Assembly such as brackets, seals, caps, and screws., Complete Honda Bumper Brackets, gaskets, and the DF light brackets. This setup is offered because it will install properly and we will only recommend installing with the proper Honda brackets and seals. We have seen many conversions that skipped on the bumper brackets which is so vital. Configuration can be changed and customized to reflect on the price. Add any other DF parts and receive instant discount. Please inquire. The default settings on this package is the following. If you want to check to see what is available in terms of options please go to our website directly at http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16281&cat=0&page=1

Front Bumper: DF OER FRP
Front Lip: DF Sports FRP
HID: Aftermarket
Hood: DF OER FRP

Full Conversion - $6999.00: This is a complete conversion package which consist of replacing everything that is not 02 spec. The headlights, taillights, hood, front bumper, side skirts, rear valence. Everything that is needed is included such as HID lights, brackets, seals and gaskets. Here is a quick run down of what is included. DF Bumper, DF Hood, DF Lip, DF Headlight Buckets (new DF Part), DF Headlight Frame Layover (new DF Part), Wiring and Sockets, New Honda Headlights, Honda OEM HID Lights, All Headlight Assembly such as brackets, seals, caps, and screws., Complete Honda Bumper Brackets, gaskets, and the DF light brackets, DF Side Skirts + Door Panels, DF rear valence, Honda Taillights, Emblems, DF Trunk Spoiler. Configuration can be changed and customized to reflect on the price. Add any other DF parts and receive a discount. Please inquire. The default settings on this package is the following. If you want to check to see what is available in terms of options please go to our website directly at http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16300&cat=268&page=1

Front Bumper: DF OER FRP
Front Lip: DF Sports FRP
HID: OEM
Hood: DF OER FRP
Side Skirts: DF OER FRP

NSX-R Conversion - $3599.00: This is for people that already have the 2002+ body style and wanted to add on aerodynamic parts. This comes with the Spoiler CF, Diffuser CF, Hood CF. Available in FRP at a lower price! Now if you are more serious about aerodynamics there are options such as the front bumper undertray, battery undertray, fuel tank tray, NSX-R Prototype Style Diffuser, DF-R Diffuser.

(it's 5:30am I need sleep, I'll correct any mistakes and grammar later)

Last edited:
Peter, the 2001 Red NSX with your DF 2002 conversion was incredible. In fact, I couldn’t even tell the fitment apart from my 2003. Congratulations, job well done!!!

BTW, looking forward to have the NSX-R Aero covers in CF and DF front lip install on my car next week.

Thanks

Vance

PS. Do you have your CF interior trim ready yet?

Hi Peter,

I'm interested in the front only conversion as a kit to be shipped to me. Can you give me a quote for the parts only shipped to VA 22044? I would jump on that price for the install in a heartbeat if I didn't live on the other coast as the round trip shipping will run me over $2K :frown:

I should have been patient and waited a couple years for this conversion, from you guys at downforce. I would have shipped my car to you guys for $2000 in a heart beat, I would have had less headaches, and a great paint job with great parts from Downforce. Plus Mike Vu, does exceptional paint work. Framk

PM unfortunatly sent:frown: More money going down the drain:frown: :biggrin: :cool:

PM unfortunatly sent:frown: More money going down the drain:frown: :biggrin: :cool:

lol, don't worry, money well spend. The new hood fits perfect, you will have a huge smile on your face after putting it together.

I'll play:biggrin: Should have just bought an 2002:biggrin:

Itching... still waiting/looking for 02+ JDM Headlight before proceeding

USDM head lights is actually same as the JDM head lights, I have no clue why there is a myth. However, the only so called "JDM" head lights that is not sold in the US is the Type R head lights, which doesn't not house the OEM HID, because the Type R doesn't come with HID.

USDM head lights is actually same as the JDM head lights, I have no clue why there is a myth. However, the only so called "JDM" head lights that is not sold in the US is the Type R head lights, which doesn't not house the OEM HID, because the Type R doesn't come with HID.

Correct me if this is wrong but I believe the different is in the beam pattern as we are in the parts of the world which drive on the opposite side of the road to the US

Correct me if this is wrong but I believe the different is in the beam pattern as we are in the parts of the world which drive on the opposite side of the road to the US
Regarldess RHD or LHD, the driver's side will have to be point at a lower angle. On the 02 spec head lights, there is a little knob behind the headlight for height adjestment.

Regarldess RHD or LHD, the driver's side will have to be point at a lower angle. On the 02 spec head lights, there is a little knob behind the headlight for height adjestment.

Is this True?? This is the first I've heard of this.

Can anyone back this info up with Part Numbers?

I've heard you can't get enough adjustment for RHD beam pattern with LHD Units?

I really don't want to spend the money to find I can't use the LHD headlights legally.

Is this True?? This is the first I've heard of this.

Can anyone back this info up with Part Numbers?

I've heard you can't get enough adjustment for RHD beam pattern with LHD Units?

I really don't want to spend the money to find I can't use the LHD headlights legally.

Yes, JDM headlights have a reverse beam pattern compared to US headlights. The internal reflector plate is reversed in shape. There is no way to adjust a JDM headlight to throw the proper beam pattern for LHD cars. Unless you want the Type-R headlights, there's really no reason to go JDM on the headlights. The only real difference is the beam pattern. Cosmetically they look the same. If you wanted Type-R headlights, I would recommend transplanting the optics from the US headlights so you get the proper beam pattern. Type-R headlights come in both non-HID and HID versions, but obviously, you would have to get the HID in order to properly transplant the optics.

I have all the part numbers for this if anyone's interested in that sort of thing after reading the above.

Sounds like you already got the 02 bumper. Looks like there will be three of us having the 02 updates. I will no longer be unique.
Itching... still waiting/looking for 02+ JDM Headlight before proceeding

here are the beam patterns for comparison.

before and after my NSX-R headlight conversion.

the US spec beam pattern has a "stepped" beam to the right, but is still horizontal.
US_Spec_Beam_Pattern.jpg

the JDM NSX-R beam pattern has an added continuing sharp 20 degree angle that shoots upward to the left.
JDM_NSX-R_Spec_Beam_Pattern.jpg

im about 5 feet from the garage. further distance results in increased window view of lit pathway.

regardless of beam pattern, I chose to do the 02 conversion to mainly to benefit from the improved optics and lighting output. the updated look is just a huge bonus that goes with it:biggrin:

Last edited:
Sounds like you already got the 02 bumper. Looks like there will be three of us having the 02 updates. I will no longer be unique.

LOL!:biggrin: Don't want you to be alone too long. But still long way to go! Just waiting for couple of other things...
Yeah, and I've also ordered lips for pre02, quite awhile ago :frown: , might need to sell them at a bit of a loss now. Made the order quite awhile ago. Yet to see it!

$3736.50 is for the basic to get you started
includes:
Downforce 02 FRP bumper.
FRP OEM replica Hood, not NSX-R
headlights

it does not come with HID,
front lip
or paint
those are optional. or you can provide your own.

if you need help putting a package together, you can PM/email me or any of the guys from Downforce. im aslo able to give tech support on installation and help guide through the process. if you are local, or want to send your car down to SoCal, we'll do the install for you and you can rest easy.
I've done many 02 conversion so im already experienced to provide and help with a real clean and professional conversion for everyone. :biggrin:

Back