• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce CF diffuser and side splitters---Help!

Hey Guys,
I'm having my Umbrella VRH kit installed and a few DF Carbon Fiber goodies!!!

I just got a call from the shop and they can't figure out how to mount the front of the diffuser
to the valence. They said the holes in the diffuser don't line up to anything for mounting to the valence.
Are you supposed to just drill your own holes??? Does anyone have a pic of how its installed.
They are also asking the same questions about the side splitters....how have you guys mounted them.

Thanks!!!!

For the rear diffuser, did you get the mounting brackets? You don't need to drill any holes IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the mounting bracket on the left of this pic:

DSC00184[1].jpg

And the holes that should line up:
DSC00183[1].jpg

Attachments

• DSC00184[1].jpg
    DSC00184[1].jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 765
For the side splitters do you have the Stacey side skirts because I believe these were made to match up specifically with those skirts.

I have the DF side splitters but I am using them on WW skirts. I just drilled my own holes and mounted them to the skirts. The tab in the front wont mount to anything so I just left it alone.

Dhalsim, since you mounted the sf side splitters to the ww side skirts, is it possible to mount them to stock side skirts, possibly the 91-01 side skirts???

Dhalsim, since you mounted the sf side splitters to the ww side skirts, is it possible to mount them to stock side skirts, possibly the 91-01 side skirts???
Never tried on the 91-01 but the 02+ you can. Not a flawless fit but you can make them work. I think the 91-01 have to narrow of a bottom to use the splitters on.

Sorry but I'm unsure. I could probably take a look at my OEM skirts tonight and see if it would be possible.

OK I just took a look at the OEM skirt and its about 1.5" wide in the mid section but tapers down to about 1/2" at the rear and it has a little lip on it so I think that lip would interfere with the CF splitter staying flush on the skirt and you might have a hard time securing the back end of the splitter to the skirt since its so narrow in the rear.

If it was me I wouldn't do it.

For the side splitters do you have the Stacey side skirts because I believe these were made to match up specifically with those skirts.

I have the DF side splitters but I am using them on WW skirts. I just drilled my own holes and mounted them to the skirts. The tab in the front wont mount to anything so I just left it alone.

Do you still have the DF splitters on your ww skirts? If you do I would be interested in seeing a photo of them.

Back