• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

downforce full undertray project

hey guys

so my downforce undertray pieces finally came in after a long (but worthwhile) wait.

Special thanks to Eric @ Teknotik for ordering all the parts.

Here is what was installed:

DF DF-R hood duct
DF NSX-R front undertray
DF NSX-R battery undertray
DF fuel tank undertray
DF engine undertray
Difflow rear diffuser (previously installed prior)

so here are some pics:

20120714_215920.jpg

20120714_215914.jpg

20120714_215857.jpg

20120714_232512.jpg

20120714_232434.jpg

20120715_182114.jpg

20120715_181920.jpg

20120715_181904.jpg

20120715_181941.jpg

Last edited:
If you plan on tracking I would definitely install a NACA duct or at least a ramp that led air to the transmission area. The NSX GT2 car had a ramp just to that spot and if you look at the cover on the OEM transmission it has cooling fins - obviously they did that for a reason.

Wow nice!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I am amazed at how well the Downforce underbody and Difflow diffuser fits together.

I am amazed at how well the Downforce underbody and Difflow diffuser fits together.

Yeah did you modify them? I forgot downforce has these parts... What is that hole?

Last edited:
Hole looks like the bottom of the front header. Probably rub up against w/o the hole.

Doesn't that kinda kill it? Seems like it would make a lot of turbulence

Better than it burning a hole in it. :wink:

Dave, the thing with aero is it will make an incremental increase - it's not like it's going to suck the car down to the pavement so you can drive upside down like a F1 car. :biggrin: It goes under the theory that every little bit helps but still the largest factor is the driver and then the tires. A stock NSX on Hoosier R6s will still beat a full aero and suspension NSX with street tires by a considerable margin.

That's a difflow diffuser?

Yessir

Unless he redid his entire headers/cats/exhaust he had no choice but to cut a hole. This is better than stock, should make it feel better in the corners.

Great to see you got it all installed! Looks great!

Anyone else looking for Downforce parts locally (in Canada) can email me at [email protected]. We (www.teknotik.com) can save you a lot over buying in the states and dealing with shipping, brokerage and duties. This was from our shipment of over 30 pieces of Downforce that we got in.

After seeing the pieces first hand I am so impressed with the quality of their parts. The finish and obvious prep work they do after it comes out of the mold is outstanding. Of all the different manufactures we deal with for fiberglass parts, I have to say this is some of the absolute best i have ever seen.

Last edited:
He never did say if he had to modify anything to make it all fit.

Any word on any custom modification that was done to make the Difflow and Downforce parts fit? Or did they bolt up perfectly?

i have put the same on my car except the engine cover, the fuel cover comes with screws and you just screw em on.
For the battery undertray we installed rivnuts into the aluminium frame and bolted to those so it is quicker and easier to remove otherwise there is no modification required all the parts fit perfect.
Just make sure they send you enough screws for the fuel tank cover and yes it is only incremental but every little bit helps if the car is setup for it

Any word on any custom modification that was done to make the Difflow and Downforce parts fit? Or did they bolt up perfectly?

Sorry, ive been away on prime for awhile. The Difflow diffuser was left untouched, the engine cover however had very minimal trimming to make them fit perfectly. I had to cut 4-5" inches off the engine cover to clear the vanes of the diffuser.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually end up using the opening to fab a transmission duct to cool the trans.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the engine cover from?

Always been a fan of DF's under tray. Congrats

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the engine cover from?

i got it from a local shop here called "teknotik"

For the undertray do you feel a difference at all with street driving or does the car feel more planted? I'm trying to decide if I want to do an undertray someday.

Also I've seen the fuel tank cover and the grooves run from side to side and not front to back? Is that an issue since I thought you want all airflow to follow a certain path. Just wondering is all encase I plan to make my own sometime.

Back