• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce lip - You asked for Carbon Fiber!

Several customers had asked us to try a carbon fiber version of the lip, and we've finally had the chance to dabble with it. Here are some teaser photos you can all check out.

It's not clear coated yet, but you get the idea. I will try to get it cleared soon, so you can see the finished product.

Keep in mind when laying carbon fiber on a piece like this is not easy. Expect some stretch if you decide to get a carbon fiber version. If a 10 is a perfect layup, I would say these would consistently be in the 6-7 range.

NSXCF002.jpg

Predrilled. Good fit. Light. Looks great.

NSXCF004.jpg

Durable? I would say so.

Pricing and finished photos to follow.

Pending final pictures, I would like to be first in line for a CF clearcoated lip:biggrin:

just saw this piece at DF.... 6-7 is an understatement for a piece like this... i've seen lips with worse stretch and pull on the carbon weaves... its a good piece...

notice the amount of flexibility in that last picture ben shot... look at the part touching the ground... pretty good for a lip in carbon i'd say...

just saw this piece at DF.... 6-7 is an understatement for a piece like this... i've seen lips with worse stretch and pull on the carbon weaves... its a good piece...

notice the amount of flexibility in that last picture ben shot... look at the part touching the ground... pretty good for a lip in carbon i'd say...

Thanks. I just rather have people prepared for a 6-7 part, and be happy with the results. Although this part is almost impossible to get perfect, you know we will try our best.

Ok. Pricing is as follows:

$425 MSRP.

First 5 buyers from NSX Prime get it for $375 plus shipping. :)

1. iCEE

PM me to be added to the list. Once list is complete, we will begin taking payment.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is for an 02+ correct?

$425 MSRP.

First 5 buyers from NSX Prime get it for $375 plus shipping. :)

1. iCEE
2. yangbang

PM me to be added to the list. Once list is complete, we will begin taking payment.

Here are some photos of the FRP version. MSRP is $275 plus shipping.

NSXlip004.jpg

NSXlip001.jpg

Weighs just under 2lbs. As you can see, even the FRP version is very durable.

I'll see what I can do. Not sure if there would be enough sales numbers to cover the mold costs on a version for the NA1's.

I would think there's more NA1 people that need lips than NA2!! I'd just take the FRP myself...I have a tendency to crack everything else down there.

I would think there's more NA1 people that need lips than NA2!! I'd just take the FRP myself...I have a tendency to crack everything else down there.

Many people actually purchasing parts these days, have done, or going to do the front end conversion.

This is from my personal experience dealing with actual buyers. However, I will look into it.

Many people actually purchasing parts these days, have done, or going to do the front end conversion.

This is from my personal experience dealing with actual buyers. However, I will look into it.

There are also many of us with the NA1 front ends that won't be converting to the NA2 front end as well. :wink:

Its like eating candy in a classroom. " If you dont have enough to offer to the whole classroom, then you shouldnt have it." SO, you better make them for all of us! Pre and post 02's! :smile:

"Many" to you may not be "many" to us. :wink:

Well, I guess us non (pre 02 front end) converting types will not be buying a lip from you guys. :frown: If you look at these last few postings, what does that tell you?

Last edited:
I thought there were NSX's produced in 1991 than the whole NA2 production run? There has to be some sort of bias in our favor!! :)

Get the terminology correct folks - NA2 refers to a 3.2L car
i.e. generally post 97 (except for automatics which are still NA1)
NA2 can still have the 'old' body style i.e. pop-up headlights - in fact most cars 97-01 are NA2 (with exception of auto's)
NA1 / NA2 has nothing to do with pre or post '02 body style.​

Get the terminology correct folks - NA2 refers to a 3.2L car
i.e. generally post 97 (except for automatics which are still NA1)
NA2 can still have the 'old' body style i.e. pop-up headlights - in fact most cars 97-01 are NA2 (with exception of auto's)
NA1 / NA2 has nothing to do with pre or post '02 body style.​

Ken I have made the correction. I know the technicalities "Get the terminology correct". I guess I was just using that term because the thread started that way and didn't want it to get off topic.

Back