• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce - New Side Skirts Option

I like the stacy type better, but like the Lechers style even more.

I dig it...........I like it....and I'll slap it on mine. The side skirt posted above is just not my cup of tea....

Hey... make it look like this instead...

Just kidding! Folks it's not too much to ask for if Ben is just trying to get feedback on a specific product.

murcielago_left.jpg

We can start another thread called "Downforce Please Make Something Like This".

I kinda like the look of the Route KS.When building mine I sorta tried the flair look but went in a different direction,didn't want to copy something that was already available.The one thing I do not understand is what appears to be a seam in the middle/back of the skirt.Would look much better without it IMO .

Stacy

Maybe having it painted and a fulll shot of the car from the side will justify how nice it might look.

Overview
Okay guys I made a gutsy decision when I made this skirt. It is aggressive and a bit inspirational from the HSC but I didn't go overboard on it and kept the vent small like the size of the Enzo or something like that. It is also made to match the 02 conversion. For those of you who bought my products, this is one very good and well made piece. Weight is around 3.7 lbs per piece! Remember you will need the factory plastic mounting clips there are 9 clips per side, you will need at least 3 pieces per side to make it mount securely. Our surface quality is very good so painting and fitting is not a concern. This is what I would recommend, testing fitting it yourself and then take it to a painter to paint it off the car and installing it yourself. I figured this design is a bit modern and would look good with the Sorcery look.

Pictures sorry for now I have blurry ones
skirt01.jpg

skirt02.jpg

skirt03.jpg

FAQ
Door Piece: No it does not come with the door piece. It would work with it though as we tested it.

Height: It does not overhang the bottom chassis

Mounting Points: It's all there, no need to purchase a mounting kit, its all integrated into the side skirts.

Vent: It can be very functional it is very deep, if there is interest I can make it vent to the rear brake disc.

QUOTE]

Nice piece! Slick lines and cool duct.
DJ

Just for the record, the Route KS R-GT replica kit was'nt available when hapa88 wrote that.

He should be happy now anyways.:tongue:

He is refering to the sideskirts that are pictured on the car and they have been out for over a year. One member had the Route KS skirts for a while now.

Last edited:
No thanks. Nothing to discuss with you. There is nothing constructive about your posts, and has nothing to do with the what this thread is about.

Please go crap on someone else's thread. Thanks.
Another unprofessional response.

No thanks. Nothing to discuss with you. There is nothing constructive about your posts, and has nothing to do with the what this thread is about.

Please go crap on someone else's thread. Thanks.

Wow, that is not a nice respond at all. Is downforce / Peter Chou allowing / tolerating this kind of response?

Five months later and you guys are digging old posts :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think it's a poke at DF just somebody showing what an ASSet Ben is as an employee :biggrin:

Ben also posted something "crap on my thread" about someone showing a picture for a quick wheel disconnect DF is selling.

I hope Peter reads his (Ben's) posts and understands that it's not the (Prick) comment but the egotistical attitude that's killing his sales.

Here is the full thread for why Prime member Awsomr1 apologized.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87082

Props to Awsomr1 for apologizing to squash the issue.

I believe Ben could have said it a different way but im sure if it was a thread that I started or was involved in and it didnt stick to topic I would try to get it back on topic too. Does anyone disagree that regardless of a paid section or a free forum all posts in the thread should stick to the topic at hand? I would be surprised if anyone said no and make it a free for all. =X

My .02 Yours may vary

Here is the full thread for why Prime member Awsomr1 apologized.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87082

Props to Awsomr1 for apologizing to squash the issue.

Well, a few points why I apologized.

1. Prior to that post I had purchsed DF product thru others and never had spoke to or PM Ben from DF before. So I do not know him at all.
2. From what I had gather from Erick (evof575gtc), is that he knows DF well and if I needed anything from DF, he can help me out.
3. I did not want to start a fued between Ben and Erick on NSXPrime.

From the aboved points when I first saw the post, I thought Erick and DF got together and decided to promote NRG thru DF also. Little did I know at the time that is not the case.

After seeing Ben's post telling me to stay off the post or should I say do not promote Erick on his post I started to realize what I thought above is not true. Therefore, I appologiest but I was offended the way he told me off.

I originally posted the photo to show other prime member what the product would look like in the NSX and also stated that I do not know if the CF shift knob is the same as Erick's. As far as NRG products are concern, I think we all know that Erick was the one that brought it in this community I did not and still do not think it was wrong to mention him on the post. I did not ask other to buy from Erick instead of DF, but simply letting people know where I got them from. How many times have we seen the same product being sold by multiple vendors that the competing vendor gets mention in the poster's thread.

For example, in HP Turbo GB, Comptech were mention trying to get bigger discount. I forgot the thread starter, it was about Sorcery Widebody replica by Versus and RP Motorsport said he carries it. Not to mention all the thread between Dali and SOS.

If this is not permited than it should not be on open forum.

Just my .02

Awsomr1,

I think you meant well when you mentioned Erick in the posts. Ben said "You have already mentioned him twice in this thread. Please go promote him on his thread" and you were offended? How friendlier and nicer could his response be consider that he might have been offended by your post first?

I think what people don't get sometimes is the the difference between permission and courtesy of posting. Yes, we are permitted to post, but we should consider the timing and the place we post.

Again, we are all off the topic. This thread should stay with the new DF new side skirts option.

Hey guys n gals...this sideskirts option is "in stock"
let me know if you have any questions :)

RayDF

Back