• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce Rear Diffuser NSX-R

Peter

Maybe I am missing something but what is the difference in the 2 by pictures from the original post that you edited? Which one is which?

I only see 1 type

Matt_337: I re-edited the first post to make it more clear. The yellow NSX is an actual OEM NSX-R diffuser which I do not sell or offer currently. If you look at the first post you can see there are two distinctively different types of diffuser.

DF Sports Diffuser: Ends where the rear valence ends, so it is very short just like the OEM diffuser at 6.5" long. This diffuser does not cover the exhaust.

DFR Diffuser: This diffuser has much longer and larger fins. The fins are designed to channel the air to increase the speed of the air passing through. Without the channels the air would crossover and slow down. By increasing the velocity of the air you are creating a lower pressure system. Our diffuser is 24" long which covers the exhaust system.

Our Downforce Engine Under cover and Fuel tank cover combined will create a complete flat channel underneath the car.

nsxpowered said:
The yellow NSX is an actual OEM NSX-R diffuser which I do not sell or offer currently.

If you do decide to produce this part, let me know:wink:

Hi Peter I still can't see the photos posted on this thread. Can you please email me the photos?

BTW what is the factory stay bracket? Is it the optional v bracket bearing the part number 71555-SL0-010?

Thanks in advance.

Peter what happens to heat when you cover up under the exhaust system? does it get trapped? will it all start going to the trunk? will it possibly burn or damage the diffusor itself?

TURBO2GO: The exhaust is not 100% sealed from circulation. The stock exhaust has a built in heat shield and the trunk also has a layer of heat shield that prevents this type of heat transfer. Now for the aftermarket exhausts there should not be any problems from lack of air circulation. As the car moves, the sides of the exhausts are not sealed and heat is free to move out. The rear valence has openings where you can see the exhaust and these vents force air to move through the exhaust as well regardless of the diffuser.

nsxinkl: Let me know if you can't see the pictures in the email. Your questions should be all answered in the email.

The rear valence comes with the factory stay as soon as I found out about it. Those that purchased the rear valence from me earlier will have a $15.00 credit from me because of this.

Thanks

Peter

What is so special about the DFR diffuser that is in the middle or so of the first page?

It just looks like a sheet of CF/FRP that just sticks way out.
The sport diffuser in your first post with the fins looks like it should cost more but your DFR one is more than double the price.

Matt_337: It may be easier to refer to the post number that is located on the upper right corner. For now I will just refer to post #1. If you look at the post the DFR diffuser is the longer diffuser that covers the exhaust, it is simply not a flat sheet of carbon fiber. The diffuser is finished on both sides. The DFR diffuser has 10 pieces of molds and requires 3 times the labor to finish. The amount of material is also 3 to 4 times more than the DF Sports diffuser. The DFR Diffuser as I said is a lot more work and when comparing to other products such as a Taitec Diffuser where it is merely just sheets of Carbon Fiber this diffuser has a lot of assemble work. It is also a lot nicer looking just by looking at the fins. The Taitec fins are just a cut out, where as the fins on these are individually made in it's 2 piece mold, so it is fully finished in Carbon Fiber and gives a greater comestic look. The DFR diffuser is a lot of work to produce and the assembly itself is just time consuming. Maybe the labeling has been confusing, just check the first post again, as I have re-edited it last time. Thanks

Thanks Peter for the explanation.

I was referring to post 43 when I was talking about the DFR diffuser.

Will there be fins attached to that one (I have no clue what the fins do anyway)?
And the only benefit to that one is that it goes forward under the car more?

Matt_337: The picture in #43 is just a fitment test to show that the plate does work with the older style rear valence. I did not mount the fins on the board. As in post #43 I put down "Imagine the four fins there". The DFR diffuser will include the fins because it is part of the product. Without the fins the effectiveness goes down dramatically. The fins keeps the air from crossing over.

Peter the DFR is a part that sits under the car and will probably get banged some and not that visible up close. Any chance of an FRP version for less money? I like the thing, honestly I would just buy the FRP and save the money over CF.

TURBO2GO: I can try to make one out of fiberglass, but I'm not sure of the outcome. We tried making the undertrays out of fiberglass and it did not work out so good. Carbon fiber seem to hold their shape better when they are in a flat configuration.

Unless we make the fiberglass version much thicker, that is the only way it could work. Meaning that the fiberglass version could weigh 3-4x more than the carbon fiber version. I don't anticipate too much in price reduction as a part like this would require a lot of labor to assemble no matter the material. For now I can price it at $725 for the FRP version.

nsxpowered said:
TURBO2GO: I can try to make one out of fiberglass, but I'm not sure of the outcome. We tried making the undertrays out of fiberglass and it did not work out so good. Carbon fiber seem to hold their shape better when they are in a flat configuration.

Unless we make the fiberglass version much thicker, that is the only way it could work. Meaning that the fiberglass version could weigh 3-4x more than the carbon fiber version. I don't anticipate too much in price reduction as a part like this would require a lot of labor to assemble no matter the material. For now I can price it at $725 for the FRP version.

Oh so the FRP version of the oem is $325 ( until the end of the year ) ,but the DFR ( way cooler version ) is $725 :frown:

Just a reminder, if the price is a special sale, it is reserved for the first 10 that puts up a deposit or ends by the end of this month. Prices are increasing across the board on all petroleum related products so that means my cost of CF, Fiberglass, resin, paint are all increasing.

The current special pricing is on the following:
Side skirts OEM replica 2002+ (10)
Stacy Side Skirt (extended)
DF Sport diffuser w/ Rear Valence(10)
DFR Diffuser w/ Rear Valence(3)
DF Sports 2002+ Front Lip (15)

In order to get the pricing a prepurchase deposit is required. A full 100% refund is accepted so there is no pressure to buy if you decide to back out later. This is just get guarantee the pricing before the end of the year.

Will DF valance be made for UK fitting?

Hi,

Very interested and have emailed (no response) but have one very important question reference your rear valance ....

Do you offer it in UK spec, i.e. with the wide number plate mounting? If not I will have to go the OEM part but hopefully still with your full length diffusor.

Would like to see good photo showing correct fitting please. Your temporary photo on the damaged OEM valance looked to have less than perfect fitting (appreciate it was only quick test)

Need to know asap to take advantage of your intro pricing.

regards

Paul

Peter

I am interested in getting a CF diffuser from you but I would like to see a picture of both of them in all their glory (meaning all 4 fins attached on the DFR one) on a non-damaged, OEM painted NSX from different angles.
Would that be possible?
Thanks

Matt_337 said:
Peter

I am interested in getting a CF diffuser from you but I would like to see a picture of both of them in all their glory (meaning all 4 fins attached on the DFR one) on a non-damaged, OEM painted NSX from different angles.
Would that be possible?
Thanks

That may have to come from a customer that purchased one. All of the NSX's we have on hand are dismantled, or missing panels.

Re: Will DF valance be made for UK fitting?

BUMP
Hi,

Very interested and have emailed (no response) but have one very important question reference your rear valance ....

Do you offer it in UK spec, i.e. with the wide number plate mounting? If not I will have to go the OEM part but hopefully still with your full length diffusor.

Would like to see good photo showing correct fitting please. Your temporary photo on the damaged OEM valance looked to have less than perfect fitting (appreciate it was only quick test)

Need to know asap to take advantage of your intro pricing.

regards

Paul

Having ordered your new OEM sills, would like to order these as well if you can clarify for me please?

regards

Paul

CURRENT DATE: 12/22/2006

DF Sport Diffuser: $325 FRP BLACK

Hey Peter,

I'm slightly confused. What part is this? Is this the 02+ DF OEM rear valance replica(slightly more aggressive than OEM)?

Hey Peter,

I'm slightly confused. What part is this? Is this the 02+ DF OEM rear valance replica(slightly more aggressive than OEM)?

The photos on the first post are labeled. It is the same as the carbon fiber one in the photo, but in fiberglass. In black.

Back