• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

downforce track nsx project

hi guys,

our 97' nsx has been in the works for quite some time but we finally took some photos of it. ill update this thread with specs and progress photos as we go. enjoy!

Attachments

• track001.jpg
    track001.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 925
  • track002.jpg
    track002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 840
  • track003.jpg
    track003.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 770
  • track004.jpg
    track004.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 787
  • track005.jpg
    track005.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 881
  • track007.jpg
    track007.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 829
  • track008.jpg
    track008.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 762
  • track010.jpg
    track010.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 722
  • track011.jpg
    track011.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 800
  • track012.jpg
    track012.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 693
Since I had the first compliment do I get a discount on my next purchase? LOL.. looking good still a way to go though,, But we have faith in you guys
really pumping some Cash into it though,, keep the pics coming

How do you guys remember where everthing goes. Do you have a check list? I would hate to put everthing back together and forget to connect that one wire.

I don't think everything is going back together; it's a "track" project, which means the dash, computers, etc. stay out of the car, or are donated to other projects in the shop.

When you have it stripped out like that, its so much fun to put it back together,, the way it looks right now if they told me to put it all back together it would take me about 3 hours,if all the parts were there,, its so fun,, like a big puzzle with lots of parts,, LOL

thanks guys! our tech is experienced with the nsx but he also bags and labels bolts/parts. as for wiring, hes cleaning up the harness and taking the power windows, speakers, windshield wipers, pop up lights, etc. wiring out.

turbo2go -

yes, we welded the targa top.

juice -

were actually going to keep this car slim-line. we still have our original neon orange downforce widebody nsx. its been down forawhile; we started working on it but got busy so it was put aside. were going to bring that back out in the near future. heres a shot circa 05'

Attachments

• downforcensx.jpg
    downforcensx.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 605
a couple more photos as the project progresses...
finished most of the wiring, removed the sound deadening material, photos of the targa conversion, carbon fiber brake ducts, oil cooler set up and a shot of the roof.

Attachments

• interiorstripped01.jpg
    interiorstripped01.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 662
  • interiorstripped02.jpg
    interiorstripped02.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 639
  • converted01.jpg
    converted01.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 589
  • converted02.jpg
    converted02.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 586
  • converted03.jpg
    converted03.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 557
  • brake01.jpg
    brake01.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 528
  • oilcooler01.jpg
    oilcooler01.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 567
  • roof01.jpg
    roof01.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 657
a couple more photos as the project progresses...
finished most of the wiring, removed the sound deadening material, photos of the targa conversion, carbon fiber brake ducts, oil cooler set up and a shot of the roof.

Is that last pick what the factory targa looks like stripped or is that a custom piece?

turbo2go -

that piece is a custom fabricated piece.

Cool! This seems like a less complicated way of making a coupe than what serialNSXr did. Will you be selling that kind of thing at any point? that sort of lotus root looking thing?

turbo2go -

if there are people interested in converting their targa to a coupe, this is something that we can offer.

turbo2go -

if there are people interested in converting their targa to a coupe, this is something that we can offer.

Any pictures of the finished roof? Roughly how much would it cost to do this? Do you use the weatherstripping from the coupe?

Are you sure this is easier / less work / better than weling in the OEM hard top / pillars?

Are you sure this is easier / less work / better than weling in the OEM hard top / pillars?

Targa pillars are stronger than coupe pillars anyway, I don't see what you'd want the coupe pillars.

olyar15 -

those are the only photos we have at the moment. ill have to take some photos once the roof gets painted. a rough estimate for the conversion is about 4k and yes, the weather stripping is from a coupe.

hi guys,

i just wanted to share some new photos as the track nsx project progresses. we took the abs system out, installed the laminova intercooler from science of speed, powder coated the valve covers, threw the interior back in (taking out the momo seats and throwing a set of our df-r seats in soon), installed the hood, carbon fiber / lexan hatch and carbon fiber trunk. enjoy!

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 531
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 543
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 469
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 574
  • hatch.jpg
    hatch.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 496
  • trunk01.jpg
    trunk01.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 498
  • trunk02.jpg
    trunk02.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 567
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 550
kam3ham3 -

that hatch is not from science of speed. the carbon fiber frame is ours and the lexan hatch was sourced somewhere else, im not sure from where but ill post once i find out. its very similiar to science of speed's lexan hatch.

Back